A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I don't let mine in the house. It's a no fowl zone. My girls will perch on the back porch rail & stare into the kitchen.
No idea why Daisy likes kids so much. I don't own any. Maybe in her previous home she was exposed to kids. I'll never know...she refuses to talk about her past.

I don't let mine in the house. It's a no fowl zone. My girls will perch on the back porch rail & stare into the kitchen.
No idea why Daisy likes kids so much. I don't own any. Maybe in her previous home she was exposed to kids. I'll never know...she refuses to talk about her past.

She sounds very sweet, my turkey only likes about 3 people in the whole world, and is terrified of my brother's kid.
How many birds do you have in total?

To hear about the weather everywhere... Here where I am in South Central Montana, we have a banana belt because of the mountains to the west, the rims to the north, and the Pryors to the South. We get occasional Chinooks through here during the winter too. Not saying we never get cold, I mean every year there is always a week of -30°F, but we have been in the 40s and 50s lately. Only had a few bouts of snow so far, but only a few inches, and melted within a week. It's supposed to be wet tomorrow, however, and right around freezing, so who knows what sort of sky liquid we will be getting?

Bantambird....how far are you from Missoula? I have a project there.
Guineagirl....I only have the two turkey hens plus a bunch of chickens. My chickens are cool. Friendly fluffy egg layers, but my turkeys are my true loves!
Missoula is six hours west of Billings, which is the closest town to me. Missoula has completely different weather, they are on the other side of the divide, the wet side.

Also, it's a good idea to be fresh before going over the passes in the winter. On your way to Missoula, between here and there, are three major passes, especially the homestake pass and Bozeman pass, not to mention the crazy winds in Livingston (they sometimes shut down the interstate due to cross winds blowing vehicles off the road there. They tried to put a wind farm there but apparently that spot gets too much wind.)

Back
Top Bottom