A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

i dont really like the other ones, it almost tastes minty, and has zero marshmallow

super fat graham cracker, coated in something white, then dipped in chocolate
meh

Hmm. I'll just stick with Gardener's then. They may not be "smores" but their chocolate covered gram crackers are to die for lol

Aurora I can just picture your turkeys helping you with your chores. Annie also will tug on my cloths for attention. Daisy just waits for me to sit down then hops on the chair arm or my lap. But they both have to be in the middle of all activity. They helped me clean out my van last week while it was warm. The neighbors got a kick out of that. I'm sure we looked like the three stooges.

They are such wonderful "helpers"! This was Eve helping hubby fix my car a couple years ago lol

FB_IMG_1512563493674.jpg

We ended up with a few inches of ice covered by a few inches of snow. I stayed inside drinking tea with lots of honey. And reading. Kept the birds in their runs. Kicked the dogs out a few times. Enjoyable day actually. Guess I'll try & get the girls out today....or not. Still cold and all the icey mess is sticking around.

A few INCHES of ice? Wow! You can keep that there! I don't know what we actualy got overnight but it's dropped from 55° yesterday evening to 19° this morning and it rained/snowed all night. I think they were only calling for 1/10 of an inch of ice and 1-3 inches of snow.

Ha. The ones that don't sell will all come home with you:th
Or you will end up like me, I worked at the feed store 2 yrs ago (I work in the co-op tire shop now) and they still call me to pick up the chicks from the post office and anytime a chick is injured or has problems, or if a customer has chicken problems they send em to talk to me...... gotta love it I guess

My pasture is funny this morning. Turkeys are all out trudging through the snow, doing their foraging thing and the chickens are on their perches under cover looking at them like they are mad. One of my cockerels jumped down and stuck a toe into the white stuff and flew right back up on the perch. Nope not doing the whole white monster thing:gig

Well, the chickens came out to eat, but not without a lot of complaining. I guess they decided that if they didn't the turkeys would enjoy their breakfast. As soon as they were done eating they all went and perched somewhere, pretty much anywhere without the white stuff. The turkeys simply don't seem to care about the white stuff and the dux are off exploring.

Bearded hens
full

full

full

The boys
full

full

full

full
R2, my one RP Tom is not barred. He was until he got his adult feathers and now he's pure white. He's got great body stature, shape and size. What will crossing him with my RP hens do? My RP hens are of appropriate size and stature and have beautiful barring. I've gotten leads on an action in my local area, but no one in the bird world has any opinion on them, so I'm a little more than reluctant.

R2, my one RP Tom is not barred. He was until he got his adult feathers and now he's pure white. He's got great body stature, shape and size. What will crossing him with my RP hens do? My RP hens are of appropriate size and stature and have beautiful barring. I've gotten leads on an action in my local area, but no one in the bird world has any opinion on them, so I'm a little more than reluctant.
The only way to find out what will happen is by crossing him with your hens. I have never dealt with a Royal Palm that has turned out white. White is a recessive gene that requires two copies to cause the white color which can mask any other color or pattern genes.

If your tom has all the other color genes associated with a Royal Palm and the white (cc) genes, crossing him with normal Royal Palms should make Black Winged Oregon Grays.

Back
Top Bottom