A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Must be the cooler weather. Girls were so silly today. I think they were playing. They were jumping, flapping, spinning & twirling. It was so funny. But the funniest thing is to see the expressions on the chickens faces! :lau

My chickens don't play like the turkeys do - and often look at the turkeys like they have taken leave of their senses. I can just picture the expressions on your chickens faces :gig

How old are they? I think corn will make them fat but I have no experience. My girls keep a pretty trim figure.

They're 6 months old today actually. I had top dig out my hatch records and look.

Must be the cooler weather. Girls were so silly today. I think they were playing. They were jumping, flapping, spinning & twirling. It was so funny. But the funniest thing is to see the expressions on the chickens faces! :lau

My chickens don't play like the turkeys do - and often look at the turkeys like they have taken leave of their senses. I can just picture the expressions on your chickens faces :gig

Same here! My turkeys will come out of their coop, stretch their wings and start flapping and flying in circles and jumping around each other. The chickens just get out of the way lol.

I'm completely captivated by these two hens. Spending way too much time with them! But they are so much fun. They've only been here since July. I think they are settling in and their personalities are really coming through. My chickens don't seem to care but I think my dogs are getting jealous!

I'm completely captivated by these two hens. Spending way too much time with them! But they are so much fun. They've only been here since July. I think they are settling in and their personalities are really coming through. My chickens don't seem to care but I think my dogs are getting jealous!

I love that picture! These birds are addictive lol. They have such cool personalities, and are much more individual than I expected.

My DH was commenting on this last night - he had to talk me into getting chickens and turkeys in the spring. Now he laughs because I'm always reading up on what they need, we're sitting out in the yard with them, building new things for them, egg hunting 3x per day to see if anyone else has started laying....

Holm! Now that's what I call a mixed flock! :D
Is that a Sweetgrass hen I'm seeing in the back of the first picture?

Back
Top Bottom