A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

It's not uncommon for turkeys to drop their first eggs where ever they happen to be at the time the egg wants laid. If it was on top of the poop pile under the roost, it was most likely dropped while the hen was on the roost.

I never know where I'll find a turkey egg. They are almost as unpredictable as he ducks.

Cuddles was being silly tonight. Everywhere I went in the coop tonight, she had to hurry up and get there to get another hug lol. If I was on one side of the roost saying goodnight to someone, she ran over and pushed her way through for a hug. She followed me to the other side for another hug and when I squatted down to talk to and give Mister a hug, she jumped down and started pecking my back to make sure I knew she was right there lol. She's such a big love bug!

Miss Pirate may have to get her wings clipped. The other morning I was surprised to hear her talking to me when I was out before dawn feeding everyone. I found her up in a tree. This evening, she was back in that tree again. I DO NOT want this to become a habit. I really don't want to clip her wings since she's my escape artist and is always out free ranging. I want her to have some way to escape but I can't have her sleeping in trees either! Speaking of her escaping all the time, we have this chair sitting outside the chicken coop that I was using to prop the door open earlier in the year. Pirate loves to sit up on the back of it when she feels the need for a little break from her adventures. Well today, I sat a plastic tote on it that I pulled out from the coop and forgot about it. Later this afternoon, I saw it laying on the ground upside down. It would move a couple inches and stop, then move a couple inches and stop lol. Pirate must have gone to jump up on her chair but landed on the tote and knocked it down on herself! I bet she couldn't figure out who turned the lights off lol

Silly turkey hens....too funny. Love it! Didn't realize Pirate was still escaping. I'm surprised she sneaks out of the coop by herself. Mine don't usually go off by themselves.
These days it seems like all of my hens are out of the pasture at daybreak. If it ever dries up so you can walk without sliding, they are heading to the convent.

Silly turkey hens....too funny. Love it! Didn't realize Pirate was still escaping. I'm surprised she sneaks out of the coop by herself. Mine don't usually go off by themselves.

She stays near the coop and doesn't go far but she just can't resist getting out and running around. Then when she wants back in, she just pages the fence line lol

Back
Top Bottom