A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Wow...penciled Pebbles? Pebbles beautiful color combined with Romeos sweet temperament...what a cool combo. I can't wait to see them feathered out.

There is something special during those moments of total flock contentment. My favorite time with my flock is right before bedtime. All the egg laying drama is done for the day. They all have full crops. It's getting toward sunset & you can tell they are getting sleepy. I grap a chair, Daisy hops in my lap, every one else is hanging out quietly murmuring & preening. It's kind of zen. Then it's off to bed for them....and I grab a leash & my coonhound pup & attempt to do a bit of training. So much for that zen feeling!!

I did not take my girls for their evening stroll/graze last night. It was spitting rain. As usual they were hanging out at the gate waiting to go. I had to herd them into their pen. Boy, talk about some turkey backtalk! A few beak fulls of BOSS didn't appease them. They went to bed mad!!

Your right rjohns....they have me trained! Got home yesterday afternoon & found both of them sitting in front of their fan. Spoiled birds!

I did not take my girls for their evening stroll/graze last night. It was spitting rain. As usual they were hanging out at the gate waiting to go. I had to herd them into their pen. Boy, talk about some turkey backtalk! A few beak fulls of BOSS didn't appease them. They went to bed mad!!

How dare you! What kind of turkey parent are you anyway? Lol! They are so funny. They love their routines!

Your right rjohns....they have me trained! Got home yesterday afternoon & found both of them sitting in front of their fan. Spoiled birds!

Completely and totally spoiled!

Blah! Hot & humid here. We are having those weird pop up thunderstorms. Can rain like crazy in one part of town & not a drop elsewhere. Makes it difficult for Annie to take her dust baths. She's a dust bath freak. So much so I actually put her up on one of the grooming tables to check for bugs. No bugs. Guess she just likes the spa experience. Her favorite dusting spot is getting to be quit deep. I actually lost a Speckled Sussex in it. Didn't see one of the SS, couldn't find her anywhere, started to panic. Then off in the distance I saw dirt being thrown into the air. Little chicken was burrowed down in Annie's dust spot having the time of her life.

Had a neighbor drop by yesterday evening. Annie kept walking back & forth in front of her, staring at her. Creepy weird turkey behavior. Then we realized she was fascinated by the shiny buttons on her shirt. Once she was able to beak a button or two, she wandered off. Bird is such a fashionista!

OMG!! My girls spent yesterday fighting. What the heck?? No idea what ruffled their feathers. I know they need to settle it. But it's so hot....I'm concerned about the heat. Geez. Hoping they get over it today....

Back
Top Bottom