A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

OK so not a great pic of stilts but she survived the day at the county fair and brought home a ribbon!
20180723_183454.jpg

Congrats Stilts!! That's pretty cool!
Turkey Times.... lappers are the best! Mine tend to fall sound asleep. They love a lap nap...
Aurora, I'm loving the broody bunch stories. Those are lucky babies! My two were so sweet with those two baby Sussex last year. I loved just sitting watching them try to moma those little chickens.

So yesterday evening Daisy & Annie were hanging out in my garden. I went through the gate & around to the side of the house to trim a bush. Didn't take them, thought they were busy hunting. About 15 minutes later my neighbor calls, Daisy is walking down the side walk in front of her house. I guess she decided to follow me & didn't know where I was. Unfortunately my neighbor tried to catch her & she flew over a privacy fence into someone's backyard on the street behind us. So, in 110 degree heat, I go hoofing it down my street & over to the street behind us. And there she is, wandering down the sidewalk. I called her, she came to me, tucked her under an arm like a football & started hauling her home. We were both panting at that point! My neighbor, God love her, showed up in her car to rescue us! We hopped in the front seat. As we turned into our street my neighbor stopped, rolled down the passenger window to talk to a fellow neighbor out walking. Just a quick convo, but the other neighbor never said a word about the fact the two of us were cruising around with a turkey.

Yep....oddly turkeys taking their evening stroll now just illicits a wave from the those walking dogs. The dogs still seem confused tho..

Aurora...who is that in your avatar pic??

Ralphie....have you abandoned us??

Yooper....how is the poult doing??

R2elk....we need pics!! Have you made any decisions yet about what birds your keeping over the winter?

6241F428-4E13-419E-9AE4-579A7DEA3A0E.jpeg
E394186A-B08E-4EE7-91C9-07BB9270EDCB.jpeg
I am loving this thread as I am a turkey mom of 8 PET poults that are 7 weeks this week. Yes. Pets. I know that may classify me as crazy. I don’t care. They’re my obsession. I started off with 8 just after they hatched. I was the first human they saw. They’re imprinted to me big time. I have five Toms and three hens I think based on what I can tell so far. They’re all distinctly different. I look forward to speaking to like minded turkey people.

Back
Top Bottom