A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hmmm...I need to check in with other forums more. I tend to stay with the turkey threads. I always seem the last to notice anouncements!! I do go over & check in with the Guinea threads. They can be so funny!! Crazy little birds!!

Hi Noellereagan...WELCOME...you have found your flock!!
Your going to be told that you have too many toms and not enough hens. That can spell trouble. But in reality, they are too young to tell. And hens will display! They are sure a cute batch of bug eyed babies!!

Aurora...who is that in your avatar pic??

That would be Mister :)

Huh....just noticed I have a 5 year badge...was unaware they were going back to those.

I just noticed the other day but I want sure how long they been there lol

View attachment 1480039 View attachment 1480040 I am loving this thread as I am a turkey mom of 8 PET poults that are 7 weeks this week. Yes. Pets. I know that may classify me as crazy. I don’t care. They’re my obsession. I started off with 8 just after they hatched. I was the first human they saw. They’re imprinted to me big time. I have five Toms and three hens I think based on what I can tell so far. They’re all distinctly different. I look forward to speaking to like minded turkey people.

Welcome to the thread! A lot of us have at least one turkey that is a pet. Some of us, myself included, have mostly pet turkeys lol

View attachment 1480039 View attachment 1480040 I am loving this thread as I am a turkey mom of 8 PET poults that are 7 weeks this week. Yes. Pets. I know that may classify me as crazy. I don’t care. They’re my obsession. I started off with 8 just after they hatched. I was the first human they saw. They’re imprinted to me big time. I have five Toms and three hens I think based on what I can tell so far. They’re all distinctly different. I look forward to speaking to like minded turkey people.
welcome to the turkey thread:welcome
Memphis is right about the toms
Just wait until they start fighting :rant

My first turkeys were bbb and they were so sweet, but had issues since they were meat birds.... I had gotten them for food , on impulse, but they wormed their way into my heart

Hi Noellereagan...WELCOME...you have found your flock!!
Your going to be told that you have too many toms and not enough hens. That can spell trouble. But in reality, they are too young to tell. And hens will display! They are sure a cute batch of bug eyed babies!!
X2 We love bug eyed babies around here. Today is lock down for what I say is my last batch of turkeys... I may still set one more group since so few have hatched this year. But one of my hens fixed us right up.... Just as DW pulled the last tray out a stinker exploded. :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

ETA: Last batch this year...

X2 We love bug eyed babies around here. Today is lock down for what I say is my last batch of turkeys... I may still set one more group since so few have hatched this year. But one of my hens fixed us right up.... Just as DW pulled the last tray out a stinker exploded. :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

ETA: Last batch this year...

Oh noooooooo! And ohhhh nassssssssty nasty! :rant:sick:barnie

Back
Top Bottom