A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I thought that was Mister! Have you guys been over to Turkey Times Pencilled thread? I'm so jealous!!!

Gotta link?

X2 We love bug eyed babies around here. Today is lock down for what I say is my last batch of turkeys... I may still set one more group since so few have hatched this year. But one of my hens fixed us right up.... Just as DW pulled the last tray out a stinker exploded. :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

ETA: Last batch this year...

:sick

X2 We love bug eyed babies around here. Today is lock down for what I say is my last batch of turkeys... I may still set one more group since so few have hatched this year. But one of my hens fixed us right up.... Just as DW pulled the last tray out a stinker exploded. :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

ETA: Last batch this year...

:sick:barnie:rant

So yesterday Rosabelle hatched her yearly batch! I'll get a video of all the poults once they are more active. Moved Rosabelle from the pasture to a secure pen as soon as everyone was dry. She was pretty mad, but Rosabelle is sweet and never bites, even when her babies complain about handling!
We think the dog may have startled her during hatch, as she accidentally smooshed 5 hatching eggs! I was able to help her save two, but three mushed eggs died. One of the two was still weak last night, but my equipment is at the new place right now so hopefully he'll buck up on his own. They were trying to unzip when I helped but the shells had been broken so much it was like they were writhing in a tiny potato sack! Poor little things! Besides that part, 8 others hatched perfectly. They are all definitely her babies, as she is the only rp hen and they all look bronze( dad is most likely br)
IMG_20180724_105051219.jpg

Congrats Bantambird!! Too cute! I just love how sweet the momas are with their babies. That mothering instinct is amazing!

Yep....oddly turkeys taking their evening stroll now just illicits a wave from the those walking dogs. The dogs still seem confused tho..

Aurora...who is that in your avatar pic??

Ralphie....have you abandoned us??

Yooper....how is the poult doing??

R2elk....we need pics!! Have you made any decisions yet about what birds your keeping over the winter?

Nope, just extremely busy right now.

Back
Top Bottom