A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

R2elk or Ralphie may be able to offer more pointers. But the slimmer leg thing Aurora suggested sounds like that would be one early indication.

What breeds does she have?

I love my Bourbon Red, Annie!! They are long lived heritage breed lap turkeys! !

I love that picture! Eve is just darling.

I have noticed that Annie is the one who will really figure out things. Took her several days of investigating the chicken coop, but she figure out how to get her big butt in a nest box to lay. Currently she is trying to figure out the chicken feed treadle. Daisy prefers to lay in my lap eating bon bons! :rolleyes:

Charmed - I'm sorry you had to re-home Charlie. I think you'll like bourbon reds. My 4 little ones are bourbons and they alternate between being loveable lap turkeys and teenage hoodlums. I don't know how to tell the difference between toms/hens at a young age though (this is probably obvious since I ended up with 3 boys and a girl lol).

Ralphie - Sounds like totally icky weather where you are. We're getting lots of rain, but it's not very cold. Chocolate and schnapps is still sounding pretty good though.... I think I'll follow your example (I have some hot chocolate mix on hand and I'm sure that will be a reasonable substitute) :)

I hate that we've hit that time of the year where it's getting dark as I get home from work at the end of the day - it seriously cuts into my bird time after work :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Coffee...where did you go? We need to plan a kidnapping (Jake-napping)!
I would love to Jake`Nap But I'm afraid my reason for Napping is very different then what your thinking of...I can only think of sneaking over grabbing a turkey stuffing it in a bag and then hiding it in my oven for safe keeping.. I do know Ralphie loves his turkeys and I'm afraid if i get caught i would be banned from all offered courses..

all joking aside i would Love to get turkeys... I would love to have a entire flock like Ralphie has.. when i left his place it made me want to sell my suburban home and buy some farm land...

Back
Top Bottom