A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

Memphis - Coffee is not an acceptable jake-napping accomplice :gig

1 person likes this.
  2. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    beautiful bird...

3. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-my-turkeys-without-vent-sexing#post_14971070

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I was waiting for that R2elk!

I like my bourbon too, Memphis, I assume he is a bourbon red, he is Ethel and JJ's kid as is Penguin. The Red likes to follow me everywhere. This morning I was woring outside before the snow came and he followed me into the shed until the air compressor came on, then he decided to leave. I was making a new winter quarters for the Sussex, they sat on and inspected every thing I did.

They even went into the new coop to see if it was up to their standards.

5. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

R2elk! Awesome! Thanks! I'll see how that works. Much appreciated!

Aurora and Memphis, those are my favorite pictures...of other people's pets :)

Memphis, the lady I am trading turkeys with raises burbon reds, some kind of rock hen chickens (idk) and duck and geese, all organic fed, for eggs and meat. I guess it's special to get organic grown...

Ralph I can see what you are mixing... If you like mint chocolate it would be good.
    I'm more of a non mix kind of girl...vodka shots, Irish whiskey neat...maybe a margarita on the rocks no salt...did too many mudslides one new years and swore off the sweet drink mixes.
    Do they make alcohol ice cream? Because I'd try that. Just once or twice.

6. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    I was watching the local news this morning and they showed the snow & sleet in Minnesota! Ugg....Ralphie & Coffee. ...it didn't look pretty.

I'm still waiting for molting bald turkeys. Looks like Daisy's belly & chest is getting bald. I hope this is the beginning of her molt and not some strange turkey baldness thing.

Ralphie. ..glad to hear your bonding with the Sussex! I think you'll really like them.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    That's why I got into turkeys was so that I could periodically let one play hide and seek in the oven.

1 person likes this.
  8. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    :yuckyuck

9. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Annie (Bourbon Red ) discovered a wind chime in the garden today. It's one of those large cylinder things that has a deep tone. The first time she pulled the ringer I thought she'd jump out of her feathers! But oh no....she couldn't leave it at that. Finally had to chase them out of my garden back to their yard. She was facinated with it & her chime ringing got annoying. She would ring it & run. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  10. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Like Ding Dong Ditch! Bad turkey :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by