A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Good lord, I need another cup of coffee after that.

Well, really, I need another cup of coffee anyhow. It is snowy and incredibly windy. Perfect excuse to sit inside and watch the turkeys out the window with an entire pot of coffee.

It is warming up, but this morning even Tomahawk tried knocking on the door to see if she could come in.

They were good though, stayed in the tree all night. Even into the daylight... usually they take off before the sun is up and go check on the chickens. They are so funny.

I usually know where they are in the yard depending on the time of day.

Snowing...wow. it's in the 70's here still. But we have severe weather coming in this evening followed by a cold front. Your post made me go pour another cup! I bet it's beautiful!

Interesting how both my turkeys & chickens are such creatures of habit.

I'm not getting guineas. I was just taken back that thus guy had 65 of thrm! I can't imagine the racket they can raise! The guinea threads amuse me!

Hello, Im new to the thread. Just got my first turkeys this week. Royal Palms....
I purchased one with the hope to have a girlfriend for the neighbors tom, Tonto.
As of this mornin I am pretty sure that I got a tom instead of a hen. My hopes have been dashed and the snow skiff on the ground isnt helping :(

My beverage so far has been hot coffee, but I may just add something stronger to my next cup to help ease my pain.
If anyone has RP hens in the SW let me know.

Hello, Im new to the thread. Just got my first turkeys this week. Royal Palms....
I purchased one with the hope to have a girlfriend for the neighbors tom, Tonto.
As of this mornin I am pretty sure that I got a tom instead of a hen. My hopes have been dashed and the snow skiff on the ground isnt helping :(

My beverage so far has been hot coffee, but I may just add something stronger to my next cup to help ease my pain.
If anyone has RP hens in the SW let me know.

Welcome to the thread.

And Welcome to your new proffesion as a servent to a turkey. Turkeys demand your complete attention at all times...

Is your turkey the smaller one in the picture to the right?

If so I think it is a hen. I would need to see close ups but the legs look fine and the snood small. I have never had a RP but they are like sweetgrasses, something I need.

Brandychick - they are gorgeous birds :D

It's just over 40 here and I made DH go out to let the birds out, I haven't been brave enough to venture out there yet. I think I'll sit inside and listen to Turkules gobble while I wait for the sun to warm things up a few degrees :p

Back
Top Bottom