A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Last edited:
Has anyone currently on this board ever raised/dealt with the Midget White turkeys? Just wondering. :idunno
Not me, but I’ve heard they’re very nice and also that they can mate naturally. I got some BBWs this spring and they are way too sweet for my own good. I think it may be a characteristic of meat birds. :idunno

Not me, but I’ve heard they’re very nice and also that they can mate naturally. I got some BBWs this spring and they are way too sweet for my own good. I think it may be a characteristic of meat birds. :idunno
Supposedly, the turkeys won't be much larger than my TR rooster, who is pretty hefty. Claims are that they make nice pets, have great personalities, like attention, and don't mind kids or other animals. So we shall see - I hope.

TR is now about 4-5 years old at minimum and as sweet as he can be. He watches out for all the girls and he now has new "girlfriends" in the hatchery flock. Someone on here told me they thought he was a Wyandotte/EasterEgger or Leghorn cross. He's really pretty tall, has a huge breast, and never makes a wrong move.

So now I have 2 Columbian Wyandottes, 1 buff Orpington, and 2-3 naked necks for him. lol
TR_rooster.jpg

I don' think so. I think it is one of those Narragansett or more likely Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray varieties that you cannot find any reference pics for.
Ok, thanks.

I gave up on the calculator and porters site just because of lack of time..

But I still find the colors interesting. I will try to get a picture of the poult.

Also I will try to get a picture of the Tommy.. I am not sure he is rusty slate anymore. He could be that red-bronze slate thing.

Back
Top Bottom