A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I just looked through all the Mini Contests. Some great pics! Saw Fred Gobblers & Alecia entered in the "Show us Your Flock".... let's support our turkeys!!
Some one needs to enter the Feathers contest! Some of our turkeys have such gorgeous feathers!!!

I've been planning to enter this one but haven't gotten to it yet. There are some seriously beautiful pictures on there already though

I think the coonhound must have killed something. He's antsy & keep running out to the back part of the yard and returns in about 10 minutes. I'm not about to wander around in the wet & cold tonight looking for it. Hopefully he'll settle down. An antsy coonie is a PITA!!
Tell me about it!
Mine got a burr up his butt yesterday and I heard him growl for the first time.
Wow. Big mean growl for a still young pup. I couldn't figure out what he was going on about for a few minutes. He kept hitting the door and growling and barking like we were about to get murdered.
I sure didn't want to let him out there not knowing what he was gonna take off after.
Finally after about the 3rd time I thought he was gonna knock the door down I finally saw it.
A big scary monstrous white garbage bag on the other side of the fence! :lau

The Wind kept picking it up in the air and by the time I would look it would be back on the ground where I didn't notice it. :gig
Oh the horror! He would not rest until we went out and killed it.
20191201_101043_HDR.jpg
then he took my seat.

Tell me about it!
Mine got a burr up his butt yesterday and I heard him growl for the first time.
Wow. Big mean growl for a still young pup. I couldn't figure out what he was going on about for a few minutes. He kept hitting the door and growling and barking like we were about to get murdered.
I sure didn't want to let him out there not knowing what he was gonna take off after.
Finally after about the 3rd time I thought he was gonna knock the door down I finally saw it.
A big scary monstrous white garbage bag on the other side of the fence! :lau

The Wind kept picking it up in the air and by the time I would look it would be back on the ground where I didn't notice it. :gig
Oh the horror! He would not rest until we went out and killed it. View attachment 1972541 then he took my seat.
:gig
That's how my turkeys felt about a plastic grocery bag that was a terrorist chasing chickens.

Shaw! That pup has grown like a weed! Nothing but legs & ears! LOL!!
Molpet...my girls are scary when they start raising hell over something! Few years ago they actually chased some stranger down my driveway. Then there is the time they had the cable guy treed up a pole!

Shaw! That pup has grown like a weed! Nothing but legs & ears! LOL!!
Molpet...my girls are scary when they start raising hell over something! Few years ago they actually chased some stranger down my driveway. Then there is the time they had the cable guy treed up a pole!
Hasn't he tho! I've already had to loosen his collar some.

Iris & Marigold flew over the fence into the neighbors backyard. Blossom....is not a flyer! And of course both dummies were running up & down the fence line screaming. Blossom was talking back. And Daisy was no help roosted on the porch rail preening & ignoring all the dramatics! So Daisy I went to retrieve them. They were happy to see us....came running...& followed us around the corner & to the coop. Talking & chattering the whole way. These two are so dramatic!!

You realize coonhounds are creatures of comfort...meaning that's not the last chair he'll commandeer!!
Probably not. :gig
We just went down to the nursing home and took grandpa a piece of pie.
There are way too many different smells in a nursing home for a coon hound. :hmm
He whimpered a lot like maybe it was too overwhelming?
Grandpa sure does luv to see him though. He used to show black and tans when he was growing up. He calls his name Clyde for some reason. :lau

Pie & a coonhound! Bet that made Grandpa's day. How nice! There is little hope of this...but would love someone bringing a turkey to visit if I'm ever in that situation! Some of these places let you have a pet. Wonder if they'd allow a turkey! LOL!! Hey...if your "pet" friendly....

Back
Top Bottom