A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Have you ever had Blackhead in your Turkeys? I'm also wondering if it is prevalent in some states more than others. I was thinking about getting some Narragansett Turkeys some day and was wondering how safe it is to keep turkeys and chickens around each other.
It's supposed to be safe if you're on sandy loam. Otherwise, it might or might not be safe.

Where is everybody?

It's been 2 weeks....I need to go to the grocery. Never my favorite thing...but now it's a bit scary.

Rained all day yesterday. Hung out with the girls a bit. Kept them in their coop. They are bored birds. They are used to ranging, but it was so nasty I made them stay in the coop. Boy did I hear about it! Especially from Blossom. She's a talker. Marigold, the hoss, is just a sweetie & kept rubbing her head on my leg until I started petting her. Then she stood there with her eyes closed. All the girls are twinkies! Hanging out with them makes my lock down much more enjoyable! Nothing like a hen hug to cheer me up!

Where is everybody?

It's been 2 weeks....I need to go to the grocery. Never my favorite thing...but now it's a bit scary.

Rained all day yesterday. Hung out with the girls a bit. Kept them in their coop. They are bored birds. They are used to ranging, but it was so nasty I made them stay in the coop. Boy did I hear about it! Especially from Blossom. She's a talker. Marigold, the hoss, is just a sweetie & kept rubbing her head on my leg until I started petting her. Then she stood there with her eyes closed. All the girls are twinkies! Hanging out with them makes my lock down much more enjoyable! Nothing like a hen hug to cheer me up!
We have been on lockdown since middle of March. Not much difference for me, I don't go out anyway.
Yesterday ITraded 8 DZ turkey eggs for 18 lbs of breakfast sausage, beef and pork burgers. My feed guy started last fall selling animals to a restaurant supplier....so he had to go back to a local processor. Win win

Not a whole lot going on here, either. I haven't been off the property in a couple of months now. It's a really good thing I have all of these birds and the other critters!

Right now I have 8 Black Jersy Giant eggs under a broody Columbian Wyandotte. 6 midget white eggs in the little incubator and approx 35 mixed turkey eggs in the big one. Plus Goldie is setting a mix of 14 Narri and Midget White eggs.

I might even get to plant all these seedlings after the end of the monsoons.
:fl

Fortunately, the kids have been good about grocery shopping, bringing my feed, and fixing a few things around here. I also FINALLY have a riding mower with a bagger (built out of 2 other mowers) - and after I bought a lawn sweeper. Now I NEED to build my little hand hay baler. lol

Back
Top Bottom