A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Yep...Betty is a tank of a SS! She's a lapper. And my best forager. She's taught all the younger birds the ropes around here!

I can't wait for your girls to lay either! I want to see those Adam babies!! :D

Memphis - No update yet on new girlfriends for T-Bone. I haven't been able to even finish up the new pen. Although me and the munchkin did give it its paint job. The last two weeks has been deer hunting season here in PA so I've been busy trying to kill deers. Hopefully will get the pen finished this week and maybe get girls this weekend. If things go according to my plan......which they rarely do.

Is the munchkin looking forward to more turkeys? The kids in my neighborhood love to come & pet the chickens & turkeys. So do their parents! :) I got a kick of how Aurora 's turkeys hung out in her yard because the kids were out playing. Are you getting that Mottled Black too?

Is the munchkin looking forward to more turkeys? The kids in my neighborhood love to come & pet the chickens & turkeys. So do their parents!
smile.png
I got a kick of how Aurora 's turkeys hung out in her yard because the kids were out playing. Are you getting that Mottled Black too?
Yea I'm planning on getting it if she still has it and its a girl. Not sure if I'll get one or two RP/RP mixes. Yes the munchkin is looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Memphis, I think you asked about Ginger. He is a Rusty Lavender with a DD ( double slate gene) The double D according to Mr Porter makes the reds that washed out color.

If you put him in a calculator he is a bb DD rr.

Match him up with yours he could be worth the trip!!!

I am not sure I will breed him, I would actually like to get him to someone that would. WHile he is a follower of Penguin, a very false religion for turkeys. He is not a bad turkey. He is actually a baby and cried when I picked him up and spread his wings for picture taking.

The only time he was rude to me was when I plucked a feather from his back for Porters to examine. They have never breed one like him, hence the need for the picture.

His rudeness was limited to calling me a belly button and maybe raising his middle toe like someone here said.

I am hoping to get the picture when I get home. Then I need to get to serious work on breeding pens, rearing pens and convincing my DW I am not crazy for wanting all these turkeys. It appears, I will be keeping her a while beings the Taylor and Carrie thing did not work out as planned.

You Ginger lovers will like this.

Mr. Porter would like a picture of Ginger in full strut! He is a lavender edged bourbon red. Quite a mouthful. I may keep Ginger for breeding now. I am again not sure.

Here is the babies he can make with the Blue red bronze:
12.5 Female Blue Red Bronze
12.5 Male Blue Red Bronze
12.5 Female Lavender Edged Bourbon Red
12.5 Male Lavender Edged Bourbon Red
12.5 Female Lavender Red Bronze
12.5 Male Lavender Red Bronze
12.5 Female Slate Edged Bourbon Red
12.5 Male Slate Edged Bourbon Red

Memphis, I think you asked about Ginger. He is a Rusty Lavender with a DD ( double slate gene) The double D according to Mr Porter makes the reds that washed out color.

If you put him in a calculator he is a bb DD rr.

Match him up with yours he could be worth the trip!!!

I am not sure I will breed him, I would actually like to get him to someone that would. WHile he is a follower of Penguin, a very false religion for turkeys. He is not a bad turkey. He is actually a baby and cried when I picked him up and spread his wings for picture taking.

The only time he was rude to me was when I plucked a feather from his back for Porters to examine. They have never breed one like him, hence the need for the picture.

His rudeness was limited to calling me a belly button and maybe raising his middle toe like someone here said.

I am hoping to get the picture when I get home. Then I need to get to serious work on breeding pens, rearing pens and convincing my DW I am not crazy for wanting all these turkeys. It appears, I will be keeping her a while beings the Taylor and Carrie thing did not work out as planned.
You remembered Ginger's genotype correctly but not the phenotype which is a Lavender Edged Bourbon Red.

The one that you thought might be a Lilac is the one that was pronounced a Rusty Lavender and has a genotype of Bb DD Rr..

You remembered Ginger's genotype correctly but not the phenotype which is a Lavender Edged Bourbon Red.

The one that you thought might be a Lilac is the one that was pronounced a Rusty Lavender and has a genotype of Bb DD Rr..

Thanks R2elk! My memory is not great. old age and all. I wrote the info down at home, and kept it for use on the caculator. I am still not sure who I will keep and who I will breed. Other than JJ will be my main man.

Back
Top Bottom