A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have not had mine pick the heads and necks of the chickens too much. BUT turkeys or mine anyways, are vicious on each others head and neck. When the toms fight for position they will bloody each others head , pull snood and be complete Donkeys. ( another nasty gram staved off).

I have 3 different sets of pecking orders I think. I have the chicken pecking order, the turkey pecking order and a male bird pecking order. JJ being the top male. he runs the roosters off or picks fights with them all the time. I think his time on top the pecking order is limited, as the self blue is about a 8-10 inches taller than JJ and if he ever puts on weight, JJ will be sucking hind........ (whew almost got another nasty gram).

Last night while consuming my second bottle of Mike's, JJ and Ernie had a little tiff. Ernie is running around today with two tail feathers parallel to the ground one pointing south the other north. They must have another fight after I went in.

JJ will let me hold him put he is not a huge fan of sitting in my lap, but tolerates it. However, he will not allow another bird to get close to the DW or me. He drives them off if they are too friendly to us.

Picture time:
First a show off, proving he can perch on the run if given a chance,

The next two picture are of my little rust/red/lilac or whatever baby and a BBW that is a picture bomber.

And of course what set of pictures is complete without one of JJ.

They are adorable Ralphie!

I will have to get a few taken today. I know, I say that all the time. I just never have a camera with me.

I had a humming bird stuck in the coop yesterday. Try getting a humming bird out. It is seriously hard.

The turkeys have started roosting outside the coop in the run. Not by choice. They would rather roost on the deck railing by the door and be closer to us. Every single night we have to carry them to the coop.
I put in some roosting bars in the run part of the coop that is covered and secure. They still have to be carried down, but love being able to sleep outside.

Ralph your poults are so cute and love the pic of JJ!
wee.gif

I still have broody hens everywhere. My BR hens laid enough eggs to go broody again and the 2nd Buff Orp's eggs hatched yesterday.
We may have a RIR hen thinking of going broody now. Sigh

DH and DS put up some fence netting for our birds yesterday.

Congrats on your new chicks.
Ralph your poults are so cute and love the pic of JJ! :weee I still have broody hens everywhere. My BR hens laid enough eggs to go broody again and the 2nd Buff Orp's eggs hatched yesterday. We may have a RIR hen thinking of going broody now. Sigh DH and DS put up some fence netting for our birds yesterday.
Sending your BR hens good wishes on their new broody attempt. I am sure your birds will enjoy the new enclosure.

My current hatch is starting.

1 have a new chocolate poult out. 3 more are zipping good.

Had 9 eggs that made it to lockdown.

So far its looking good.

Back
Top Bottom