A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Man...sounds like I'm heading into new turkey territory . You guys make it sound like they go phycho. Does this go on all summer?

I have never had a broody turkey. But it sounds cool!! At least you know people wont pick eggs from under her!

Well....it's gonna be a long summer if my girls are determined brooders. I have a Barneveld I can NEVER break! My BA's have been pretty easy and my Speckled Sussex have never gone broody.

Actually last time I checked chickens have teets and give milk
1f609.png
!!
This is balogna!!

Lol That was on another thread. lol

Boy Daisy is one molting mess! But Annie is starting to looking great. As soon as they here their new feathers I'll post pics! I'll get some action shots if Daisy on the agility equipment.

Well, I lost the one poult. The other isn't looking too good :/ It will at least swollow little bits of eggs that I put in its mouth though. We'll see what happens over night. I feel so bad for the little ones that are failing. The others all look great and are running around like little nuts! They're trying to eat my fingers every time I reach in because they think I have food lol.

You know what's really weird? The ones I'm losing are all Bourbon red/regal reds. Not one of the red bronze is having any troubles (knock on wood). Maybe it's the mixed DNA? Sweet Pea is half wild and Pebbles is a different breed from a different state. The rest are all Bourbon reds. Maybe there's been too much inbreeding with them, even though none of my reds are related to each other.

Well, I lost the one poult. The other isn't looking too good :/ It will at least swollow little bits of eggs that I put in its mouth though. We'll see what happens over night. I feel so bad for the little ones that are failing. The others all look great and are running around like little nuts! They're trying to eat my fingers every time I reach in because they think I have food lol.

Aw, sorry you are losing babies. But I'm glad the others are so energetic. Can't wait for more photos! I love baby pics :)

Back
Top Bottom