A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralph-Lucky is the cutest little chick ever!

We have about a quarter inch of freezing rain this morning here. Schools are all closed and the trees all look like they've been frosted overnight. Still haven't gone out to feed everyone. I know I'm going to slip and fall on the way out.

I have more eggs to lockdown today and I'm supposed to meet someone around 4:30 so they can get their poults. I had to help one hatch yesterday morning. It turns out that it would've never hatched on its own. It has a cross beak/cleft beak. I'll have to try to get a picture of it later on. The good news is, the people buying poults today are happy to take the little "misfit" and give it a home :) (free of course)

Aurora...Poult Pusher Extraordinaire! Poor little misfit....amazed you found a home for it.

Ice is the worst. Luckily we haven't had our usual ice storm here this winter. But its been a wacky winter. So who knows....guess it could still happen.

One of my Australorps just finished a molt. And I'm happy to say is back to laying eggs. Annie is almost done with new feathers. And Daisy is the biggest mess ever! She still hops up next to me, but does not want to be touched. Those new feathers have got to hurt. Ever since I've had her she has had the most ragged tail. I'm so anxious to see her with new tail feathers. Annie's are beautiful.

Found that little baby a home before it was 12 hours old lol!

I have a hen that's molting like crazy. I picked her up and got feathers stuck all over me! Then I saw her shake off and they went everywhere. I'm so glad that she has a thick layer of new ones underneath her old ones. Her head is just a bunch of pounds though. Poor girl.

Weird how many are molting now....Ralph, Aurora and me all have molting chickens. And I have molting turkeys. Huh....

Weird how many are molting now....Ralph, Aurora and me all have molting chickens. And I have molting turkeys. Huh....

I have a couple really molting hard. I have a RIR that has blood feather over 80% of her body! She was standing under the heat lamp I use to keep their water from freezing, I left it on so she would not freeze to death, I felt so sorry for her.

Nothing like a turkey hen hug to take the edge off a stressful day! Boy it's going to get warm this weekend. Can't wait.

Ralph...what's hatching?

Aurora...I've completely lost track of how many pouts you've hatched. Have you kept a few for yourself yet?

Feisty, have you eaten a turkey egg yet?

Memphis-so far this year I've hatched 36 chicks (about half of which I kept) and 47 poults. I haven't kept any poults for myself yet though. I probably won't until I hatch the mottled poults from dheltzel :)

Nothing like a turkey hen hug to take the edge off a stressful day! Boy it's going to get warm this weekend. Can't wait.

Ralph...what's hatching?

Aurora...I've completely lost track of how many pouts you've hatched. Have you kept a few for yourself yet?

Feisty, have you eaten a turkey egg yet?

This is the last of this hatch...

I had to do a Egg Section on it, Then wrap her in a wet towel and olive oil. I was thinking she was a goner. I left her lay in the oil for 3-4 hours and then I "hatched her"...

I hate doing that. They die if you help die if you don't.

Today I won!

Isn't she a beauty? 7 girls and 2 boys this round! Around 24 eggs in Sunday.. BTW I love the 1202!

This is the last of this hatch... I had to do a Egg Section on it, Then wrap her in a wet towel and olive oil. I was thinking she was a goner. I left her lay in the oil for 3-4 hours and then I "hatched her"... I hate doing that. They die if you help die if you don't. Today I won! Isn't she a beauty? 7 girls and 2 boys this round! Around 24 eggs in Sunday.. BTW I love the 1202!
Congrats on the save! I'm loving my 1202 too :) it's awesome!

Congrats on the save! I'm loving my 1202 too
smile.png
it's awesome!

Thanks....

I am thinking I screwed up tonight....

I grabbed a larger than normal glass to fill with orange juice. I left more room for Vodka and peppermint liqueur. I am not even half done and I can feel it...It could be early bed tonight....

Back
Top Bottom