A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think that Big Bird was/is at least thinking about broody - she hasn't laid an egg since last weekend. She stayed in the nest box for a couple of days trying to hoard eggs, but seems to have given that up. She was barking at me for some lap time today, so I picked her up and she went to sleep on my lap. I thought her underside felt funny, so I checked and she has plucked all of her breast and under feathers. That's also a broody thing right? Crossing my fingers that she's not really into it and will go back to normal :lol:

Yeah, I'm just waiting for mine to go broody. :rolleyes: Neither are laying right now. Annie is just about done with her molt and Daisy is around a month behind her. But since I can't walk through my yard with out a chicken or turkey throwing itself in front of me, I'm assuming they will resume soon.

And yes Annie laid an egg on top of a broody Australorp. I just saw the chickens head poking up from under her tail. After she laid the egg & left the box Thelma was trying to roll that big egg between her legs.

I got 7 eggs today. I need to get the Toms in there soon. It is almost time to start hatching in earnest now.

I called the turkeys tonight and they all went in the pen, I have a video of it. When they got inside I noticed I was one short. I found him at the hen pen strutting. I have some video of him being ran back to the Tom pen, but I had to shut if off as he did not go in so well.

Once he got inside he decided Porter ratted him out, they had a little altercation. I am thinking that will not be the Blue that gets mating privileges.

Not the video I wanted..Here is the trouble maker, when I finally got him in the pen..

0.jpg

The next one will show bedtime. I hope., but it takes me forever to upload these.

Last edited:
That's pretty good ralph.

All your boys went in but one. He was showing off for the girls.

Did you ever figure out a price for trained toms? The video is a good marketing tool.

I think the altercation was porter reminding him what freezer camp was about. Porter didn't want to be guilty by association.

Congrats on your 7 eggs.

On my front. Down to one egg left off ebay. I can see him moving the membrane when I candle but he has not pipped yet.

My girls are still mad at me for penning them up. My toms for separating them. But I have gotten 5 eggs over last couple days.

Have enough eggs now for turkey egg skillet scramble.

Will start saving next week for the incubator.

Keeping my fingers crossed for that last egg Feedman! :fl

Ralph, your toms look great. It's weird to see snow. Spent the weekend in shorts down here.

I am starting to hate turkeys! They hurt me for helping them! My chubby hen was on the roost this morning so I picked her up and smack smack smack right in the head with her wings! It really hurt!!

My last egg gave up.

So now it's to my welsummer eggs. Should hatch next sun.

Set another dozen for easter hal.

Until I get enough turkey eggs to set.

Back
Top Bottom