A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

If she doesn't need the heat lamp at 5 days old.i can put her back in the small carrier and put my two adults back in that cage . It would help.

If she doesn't need the heat lamp at 5 days old.i can put her back in the small carrier and put my two adults back in that cage . It would help.

She does need the heat lamp especially at night she is still a little young to be going without heat at night. If she is by herself throw in a small stuffed animal she can cuddle up with until you have another poult or chick for her.

And great brooder set up! Just make sure that tile floor is not too slippery for her or she may get spraddle legs. Maybe add some paper towels or pine shavings just in case.

Last edited:
My friend's neighbor has a young LGD that has started coming over when we are out feeding in the evening. Tonight, he met the turkey hens. Really good thing there was a gate between them. I thought those hens were going to take me out getting to him. They were all fluffed up and screeching like banshees. Even the broody hen was clucking and stretching up to see over her nest box. I think she might have joined in if she wasn't penned. I'm glad my hens don't act like that with me.

On another note, my friend told me she was in the house and turned to find her husband standing in the kitchen, holding one of my 3 month old poults under his arm. He had escaped. Her husband used to work on turkey farms and "says" he doesn't like them. I think he secretly does
lol.png

The BBB hen has slipped a tendon. She is refusing to walk now. I guess she will have to be invited to dinner.

Sorry to hear that. I had several babies do that one year. I finally stopped using shelf liner in the brooder and haven't had one since (knock on wood). I tried splinting, but it never worked.

Back
Top Bottom