A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

For those of you who dont know....Coffee's tom Porter is rather famous! He was bred by Ralphie, and due to his coloring he is featured on Porters Heritage Turkey site. Ralph has several birds on the site...due to JJ & Ethel! Pretty cool.

Oh...and Aurora's tom Adam was the subject of much debate by the oracles on Porters Facebook site. That was fun!

Daisy is such a sweetie...my neighbor came down last night. She sat in "our" chair. She circled eyeballing her until she left. I plopped down in the chair & she immediately hopped up on the arm. Guess in her mind i should be in that chair with her on the arm. Seems even turkeys have a sense of ownership.

In case your wondering...I'm up early with an achey arm....hence the musings. Im so over this broken arm thing...

Geez...whats the deal with the Palms??

JR, turkeys can bond strongly to humans. I only have my two hens. No toms.

I have named the little poult, JJ Jr. or JJJ for short.

He has so imprinted on us! I cannot walk into the room without him going nuts to be held and with. I think Judy has spoiled him.

Awww...JJ Jr sounds like a lapper in the making. He wants to sit in your lap & watch TV. He is a cutie!

Whats going on with the Porter eggs?

Not turkey pics but i know flock pics are equally welcome :)

My little polish chicks (and one young legbar pullet) out free ranging for the first time. They were taking a little break near my feet so i had to use the lousy camera to get their picture.

A couple lavender ameraucana chicks (12-16 weeks old roughly) hanging out on the wood pile

My kids wanted to have a silkie spa day. This is Angel and Peanut :)

Back
Top Bottom