A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

We're still here, just busy lol. Adam has been being a serious belly button lately and is begging me to substitute him in for thanksgiving. It seems every day I need to put him in his place anymore. At least my second in command, Romeo, is still a major sweet heart who begs for love and attention every day :) And Cuddles is becoming sweeter by the day. I was even able to talk her down out of a tree this evening at bedtime because she wanted held for a minute first lol

LOL - I too was wondering where everyone had been :).

I have been sick the last few days and even the birds have been avoiding me due to the unfamiliar honking, snorting and hacking noises that I've been making. I think Coco might be entertaining the idea of broodiness again, so I very quickly started my "discouraging" methods. I'm hoping I caught it early enough - I have no interest in experiencing the pit viper that she becomes again :oops:

Aurora - sorry that Adam is being a PITA still, hope he shapes up soon. I'm considering Turkules for thanksgiving guest this year - he's become a chronic PITA and no amount of "putting him in his place" has helped.

Memphis - Annie still hatching air??

CherMoz...photo-what? What is it?

Yes well Annie is still sitting on air. Sort of. She comes & hangs out with when I'm out & will let me pet her when she's "sitting". I think Ralph was right...she's practicing!

I was sort of afraid to ask about Turkules & Adam. Maybe they will mature out of being PITA's.

Daisy is limping. Trying not to put weight on her right leg. I looked it over & can't find anything. Nothing seems broke, no bumble foot, no noticeable swelling. I need someone to hold her so I can get a better look at it. At this point I think she may have sprained something. She may also be a bit of a drama queen.

Hopefully you can change Coco's mind about going broody! She sure was a pit viper! Is she laying?

Aurora....is there anything better than a cuddly hen? I love it!

Had a few guys in the back from our local electrical company. They are changing out our meters to new smart meters. Of course both turkeys had to sit on the porch rail to supervise. Both guys are hunters. Daisy was flirting & let them pet her. She even trilled a bit. The one guys said he needed to rethink turkey hunting after meeting her. Guys spent more time talking about the girls than changing the meter. Most people don't pay much attention to my chickens, but are totally facinated with the turkeys.

Memphis-that's awesome that they enjoyed the company of your birds. Most of the hunters around here just ask if we eat them and want to practice their turkey calls on them lol.

I hope Daisy is ok. Dinner was limping for a while and does every now and then if he lands hard. I also couldn't find anything wrong with him so it probably was a Spain. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with Daisy.

The one thing that's better than a cuddly hen is a cuddly tom! Romeo has been strutting for me every morning lately. This is when Adam gets really mad and I end up with a sweet tom loving me up on one side and an angry tom trying to get past me on the other. Romeo is so sweet though. He'll give me a nice big strut and if I don't pay attention will add a big drumming to it so that I squat down to give him a hug. He's such a ham and soaks it all up lol. I always feel bad though. While he's being for attention, Eve is always there threatening to peck him because I'm her mama and then, when I leave, Adam chases him all over the place, punishing him for his strutting and drumming. The next time I'm in there though, he starts ask over lol.

I'm hoping Daisy just turned her delicate little turkey ankle! :lol:

Eve & Daisy are both possessive about their momas! Daisy will get between me & any bird she thinks im paying too much attention too.

Romeo sounds so cool!!

Funny you mention that Ralph. A co-worker said his cousin takes his hen with him. Over in Georgia somewhere. Is that legal? Thought it was an interesting method.

Back
Top Bottom