A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Poor Adam. Seems toe injuries may be common with turkeys. I know Fiesty had an issue with Big Bird & Daisy was limping around for a few days.

I have three designated dust bath areas. The big fire pit thats shaded all the time, one area in the sun and a covered area that stays dry. The chickens use all areas. The turkeys tend to use the sunny area. Didn't realize Daisy had started using the fire pit. The chickens must have turned her on to it.

Ralph....I'm excited about you showing Sidekick!! Will you be taking the blue hen again?

I am taking "Blue" again. I am not sure of Sidekick. Do you know how big he is? I think he could be like bathing a n Ostrich. Unless R2elk gets his butt here to help, he could be too much for me. I know I will need help bathing him and putting him into a kennel/cage. I have tried to lift him to just look at him and I cannot do it. He is just too strong and too big of a bellybutton to allow himself to be carried.

IT would be fun to see a Judge try and lift him
lau.gif

In a 3-stooges way....
gig.gif

Dang Ralph...he sounds just like what the judges are looking for! Wish you could find someone to help you. Can you grab him at night while he's sleeping?

Dang Ralph...he sounds just like what the judges are looking for! Wish you could find someone to help you. Can you grab him at night while he's sleeping?

He is so big once I grabbed him it would be like dog that actually catches the car it chased...Now what do I do with him?

If he did not have the bad toe I would work harder to get him. JJ's colors would get him disqualified immediately.

Ok, so Sidekick is off the show list. Maybe you pick out a few promising young jakes & hens this fall & start working with them. They'll be ready to show next spring! :)

So several of the neighbors showed up for coacktails this evening. Conversation got around to taking the turkeys Trick or Treating. The decision was made that Annie would go as "The Great Pumpkin", makes sense since she's a Bourbon, Daisy would go as Elvis! Had to remind them all that the girls go to bed at dusk. But I think they are trying to find a sequined jump suit for a turkey:rolleyes:!

I have a general question for everyone; At what point do you introduce your poults to your chicks/chickens? I want to keep a mixed flock while we build a nicer turkey area for our birds, but in the meantime, we'd like to house them with our Sulmtalers. We're not super scared of trampling anymore, but will there be bullying issues? I tried running a "Poults and chicks" search on BYC and found lots of threads regarding raising them together but nothing regarding the intergrating everyone! Hope it's not too much trouble!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom