A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I can't get that around here, or I would too.

Also the "bad" turkeys days of being bad and staying outside are numbered!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ06EMB/?tag=backy-20
did you write the description?? or were they watching
lau.gif

Product Description

Solid powder coated steel 48" poultry/bird catcher. All that own chicken, ducks, turkeys, flight birds and fowl know that some birds are much easier to catch than others. Made and formed from 1 solid steel rod. Built in spring style handle and hooked end to catch them by leg or neck depending on the bird. No snag end will keep your birds safe. Steel construction and will last generations. This handy catcher keeps you from a 30 minute workout trying to catch your birds (you've done it). It will also help your neighbors from thinking you belong in the looney bin chasing birds around your yard all day.

I had to laugh about the description too! Its so true!!

Aurora...first time I ate a turkey egg I did a quick scramble, no salt or pepper, just wanted to taste it. I really like them! You need to try one!!

Is it true that folks who are allergic to chicken eggs can eat turkey eggs? I need to research that......

A white spot downer mean anything. All eggs have those but a white bullseye means fertile.

I have to admit, I haven't tried any turkey eggs yet. I've baked with them but never just cooked one to compare to chicken eggs lol

If it makes you feel better, I have ducks but haven't tried the eggs yet. I primarily use them for baking. I've noticed there's a lot more white which is my favorite part of the egg. Not sure what the hold up is. I clearly just need to jump in the deep end and try them once they start laying again.

Is it true that folks who are allergic to chicken eggs can eat turkey eggs? I need to research that......

I would think so. Some folks can crossover and safely eat duck eggs. However, my cousin has a little boy that is allergic to all eggs. I'm not sure how a blood test differentiates between them all.

I've decided my Peacocks need their own coop and aviary of some sort. They're taking up my future Turkey space. I have big plans
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I would think so. Some folks can crossover and safely eat duck eggs. However, my cousin has a little boy that is allergic to all eggs. I'm not sure how a blood test differentiates between them all.

I've decided my Peacocks need their own coop and aviary of some sort. They're taking up my future Turkey space. I have big plans
yippiechickie.gif

I know where you can get a cute little beady eyed turkey hen.

I want to see your peacocks!! Aren't they sensitive to the cold? Do you have to have them in a conditioned space during the winter? I go over to the peacock threads just to see their beautiful pictures!

Ralph, do all the slates with small eyes always turn into special needs birds? I'd love to see a picture.

I want to see your peacocks!! Aren't they sensitive to the cold? Do you have to have them in a conditioned space during the winter? I go over to the peacock threads just to see their beautiful pictures!

Ralph, do all the slates with small eyes always turn into special needs birds? I'd love to see a picture.
Peas do fine in harsh winters in most of the country. I know they are fine here in PA as long as they have a place to get out of the wind. I treat them like chickens in regard to winter hardiness. Turkeys and waterfowl are exceptionally hardy of course, but still need/want a sheltered area to retreat to. They just seem less bothered by brutal winds or driving rain than the chickens, guineas, and peafowl.

did you write the description?? or were they watching
lau.gif

Product Description

Solid powder coated steel 48" poultry/bird catcher. All that own chicken, ducks, turkeys, flight birds and fowl know that some birds are much easier to catch than others. Made and formed from 1 solid steel rod. Built in spring style handle and hooked end to catch them by leg or neck depending on the bird. No snag end will keep your birds safe. Steel construction and will last generations. This handy catcher keeps you from a 30 minute workout trying to catch your birds (you've done it). It will also help your neighbors from thinking you belong in the looney bin chasing birds around your yard all day.

\

I did not even read the reviews, however, having read it hereI understand this poor guys pain.

I am not even sure I could get the small eye to show in a picture. However, once my Amazon order gets here I will try to catch her and get said picture.

I would hate to be in the loony bin on the day it arrives. As I recall, I read on Porters thread small eyes mean poor vision if not now later in life.

The SOP says eyes must be Full. oval prominent. These eyes do not qualify. I do not want her in my breeding program. Now if I had someone that likes to buy turkey eggs for baking she would do fine.

Of course, I could always sell the eggs to others for incubation to help assure me of a win at the shows....

Huh....thanks Dheltzel....I thought peas were warm weather birds.....learn something everyday! :D

Ralph, that description is priceless! Did you really order one? I don't think I've seen a bird with the small eyes....if you can get a shot, I'd be interested. This baker is an "event baker". She does things like wedding cakes. She has a commercial space, but not open to the public. She loves to use the turkey eggs because they add a lot of moisture to her cakes. She heard I had hens through a mutual friend and contacted me about buying them. She said she'd buy all I have to sell. She has a few other "suppliers", but admits they are hard to find. I think you could market your extra eggs....

MNmom....how many turkeys are you starting out with?? I want to hear about your plans!

How is Snitch doing? Are you letting her out of the cage to exercise daily? Set up a chair next to her so you two can bond!!

Back
Top Bottom