A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Thats what I got for her. Its 29% protein. I'll let her eat what she wants. Thanks. I will have to srparate Daisy....she's a chub.

Alright! Another turkey egg report! And another use for a turkey...Secret Service Agent! Love it!! Of course if the pesident would have used secret service turkeys in his inagrial parade they would have benn riding on the limos not walking beside ! :gig

And Annie's molt continues. Poor girl!

Go Annie go!

Well at least she should get through this molt quickly, since she isn't dragging it out! It sounds like you are doing everything right, if she is not missing a beat.

I'm hoping I will have an egg report soon. Swan has been laying down for me. Then I walk away to another area and I hear this scraping noise in the straw behind me. Turn around, and it's Swan, squat-shuffling to try to catch up to me and lay down again!

I have seen her and Cinnamon mating. Two attempts that look like they may have actually gotten it right. I just wish stupid Cinnamon would stay away from my chicken hens. He and the roosters are in cahoots. The subordinate rooster wants to mate with a hen. The senior rooster comes and knocks him off. Then while the hen is still down, Cinnamon steps onto her back and starts biting her comb. I've had to rescue two hens, and there is one with a mysteriously gotten wing injury, which I now suspect may be from Cinnamon. It looks like I'm going to have to put him in turkey jail.

So I snuck Annie out of the pen this morning & gave her a bowl of that 29% feed. She ate quite a bit. Then Daisy figured out what we were doing & starting barking loudly. I'll give her more this evening. Hopefully it will help her. That or she'll develop fatty liver disease!

So I snuck Annie out of the pen this morning & gave her a bowl of that 29% feed. She ate quite a bit. Then Daisy figured out what we were doing & starting barking loudly. I'll give her more this evening. Hopefully it will help her. That or she'll develop fatty liver disease!

I doubt that Turkeys need and live on a lot of protein in the wild, bugs, worms and yuckies.

With her in a heavy molt and egg laying I doubt you could give her too much protein, I just ordered in a load of gamebird breeder that is 27% as I recall, with calcium and the trace minerals to get me through breeding season. My birds are not in molt so if you are going to get fatty liver, mine are doomed..

One of the Royal Palm hens squatted in front of me, offering herself up. This did not set well with the evil RP Tom. He rushed over to me, but JJ intercepted again, I thought JJ might take the hen, but he left her there and chased the Tom off and actually flew claws first into the Tom. I really wish I had a camera or knew this stuff was going to happen, it is so funny to see JJ protecting me. Judy said last night when we were talking about it, she wished JJ would protect her, but he doesn't it is just me....

I think it is because I am more important than she is.

JJ is out of luck,,

The Red blue bronze is the new Tom to breed the bronze hens.
I do better on Bronzes with him than JJ.

25% Bronze.
25% Red Slate
25% Blue red bronze
25% red bronze

A cool bunch of Mutts and a few good birds.

12.5 Female Blue Red Bronze
12.5 Male Blue Red Bronze
12.5 Female Bronze
12.5 Male Bronze
12.5 Female Red Bronze
12.5 Male Red Bronze
12.5 Female Red Slate
12.5 Male Red Slate

Really? After all of JJ's efforts to protect you from that crazy palm your going to retire him? Come on Ralph, he needs a hen or two of his own. You need to let him pass on that great temperament. He'll produce a few show prospects. Poor guy. He won't understand being locked away from the hens.

And speaking of locking up hens....have you sorted them into breeding pens yet? If they're squatting & laying....you may need to!

No eggs here yet. Poor "pin"-tifull Annie may be awhile but Daisy...come on girl!!

Esther was talking about getting more turkeys, different ones. Blue ones! There would be some begging to dad, but it looks like Esther wants to branch out to slates. Perhaps when we get to Minnesota again we might bother Ralphie for some blue slate turkeys in the summer!

I'm still getting between 0-2 eggs a day from my girls. Only 2 of 8 are laying so far. Hopefully these girls start laying more soon. I figured out that it's Mary and Cuddles that are laying.

The chickens on the other hand have really picked it up lately! I went from 1 a day to about 6 daily! I spent 3 hours today setting up my breeding pens and dividing everyone up. It definitely took longer than expected. I did scrub out a rabbit hitch and set it up for a broody too.I think that took the longest. Right now, I have CCL, Lav ameraucanas, and silkies seperated and my broody (Ana) with her baby in the hutch. I actuary stole her 3 babies because they look pure (silkies) and gave her the little mutt that I hatched as a backup for her. She's content with that lol. If any of these little ones in here start growing feathers and they're NOT silkie feathered, they'll be going out with her. I'm not worried though.

The first 2 babies I stole from Ana

And the Ayam Cemani, just because lol

Back
Top Bottom