A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

yesss.gif
That's what everyone is here for!

In regards to your signature line, I am surprised that you did not include the part about people wanting to run a tab or wanting credit should go to Helen Waite.

Morning all,,,,

I candled eggs yesterday, Not one turkey egg even started. I am going to go look at next weeks eggs to see if any started.

It is not all that surprising to me considering how early in the year we are. I kicked the toms out of the breeding pens the other day. I thought they were making the hens nervous with the constant harassment and fighting other toms through the fence. I only have one proven breeder this year. Which makes me a tad nervous too.

Sidekick is getting one step closer to the dinner table. I never realized how much I disliked him when JJ kept him in line. I do not dare do him in yet, in case I need to breed with him. I would rather not as he has some traits I do not like.

Darn Ralph, was hoping for pics of poults. You might be right about about the time of year being a factor. Annie is steadily laying & Daisy hasn't layed egg one yet. And we had azaleas blooming in February. As a gardener, that rather rocked my world. Its been such odd weather. I'm so thrown off by this weather I'm surprised I have anything laying....

But my old SS is actually steadily laying! She's laying two days in a row, then a day off.

Darn Ralph, was hoping for pics of poults. You might be right about about the time of year being a factor. Annie is steadily laying & Daisy hasn't layed egg one yet. And we had azaleas blooming in February. As a gardener, that rather rocked my world. Its been such odd weather. I'm so thrown off by this weather I'm surprised I have anything laying....

But my old SS is actually steadily laying! She's laying two days in a row, then a day off.

I do have some development in the hatch next week. If I recall correctly. I doubt it was 2 weeks out but it might have been.

Aww Ralph, I'm sorry you're not getting fertile eggs yet :/ Hopefully you'll get some poults soon.

The number of eggs I've been getting has dropped dramatically. The broody bug has hit my turkeys hard. I have 3 hens cramming themselves all in to one nest. I NEED to get a picture. The crazy thing is that the hens that ARE laying are still cramming themselves in there WITH the broodies to lay. I've even pulled Romeo out of that nest too lol. It's by far the favorite. It's just a plastic, dog crate. It's not even ask that big. I might mention that there's another one, just like it in there that they don't even bother to look at *insert eye roll here*

@memphis you travel a lot right? Do you have anything to say about southwest airlines? We just booked our flights through them for our Oregon trip this July. I've never flown before and I'm a little nervous lol. Not about the flying part itself, but the airport confusion and checked bags and seats lol

Back
Top Bottom