A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hillaire.....ignore these guys!! If your getting married, put the incubator on your gift registry!
While your at it, you can always add gift certificates to Porters Heritage Turkeys!!

I was going to attempt to explain the "small eye" syndrome to Kathy but keep butchering it. Ralph/R2elk....can one of you explain it?

Hillaire.....ignore these guys!! If your getting married, put the incubator on your gift registry!
While your at it, you can always add gift certificates to Porters Heritage Turkeys!!

I was going to attempt to explain the "small eye" syndrome to Kathy but keep butchering it. Ralph/R2elk....can one of you explain it?

Yep, it's a turkey with a small eye.....on iPhone so this is all I can type now.

So sorry.
sad.png
What is "small eye syndrome"?

Sorry, I missed your post. Small eye syndrome is a fault associated with the slate color gene. The turkeys afflicted will have a noticeably smaller eye than a normal turkey. It can lead to blindness or just difficulty seeing. It is most likely to show up in Self Blues (aka Lavenders) but can appear in any turkey having the slate color gene.

@duluthralphie had one such hen this spring which ran into things as she fled to never be seen again.

Last edited:
@ Hillaire, seriously, lol congratulations. Hold out for a chicken pen,coop and anything else you can think of NOW. It takes us guys a little while to get around the the DW's honey do's....

I think that one of my hens is finally getting broody!!! Out of 23 of them finally one might be. She completely covered her eggs with straw. I am sos excited since they seem so happy when they hatch their own. I like it when the chicks ride on the hen's back it is cute.

Back
Top Bottom