A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Those are awesome! I doubt my two girls would let me get them on but wow I wish they would. I hate how heavy and tough he is. First time I saw it happen he looked like he was giving her a massage by walking on her back but after that time he is way more clumsy and hurried it seems. No eggs yet though...
My chicken hens have started a some what regular laying cycle though.

I WANT CUDDLES!! She's so cute!! What a sweet little turkey face!!
I must say...your girls look quite fashionable Aurora! Great job on the saddles!
Annie is squatting!! Hoping for eggs soon!!

She's my big sweet heart! She comes running for attention and all you have to do is spread your arms and she comes in for a hug :)

Thank you! I'm surprised how well they took to the saddles after my last attempt went so badly lol.

Those are awesome! I doubt my two girls would let me get them on but wow I wish they would. I hate how heavy and tough he is. First time I saw it happen he looked like he was giving her a massage by walking on her back but after that time he is way more clumsy and hurried it seems. No eggs yet though...
My chicken hens have started a some what regular laying cycle though.

My girls fought and cried while I put them on them but add soon as they were on, they were calm and relaxed.

I had a couple requests for turkey saddles the other day so I decided to attempt this again. I made one up as an experimental one first to check size and tested it on Pebbles, then on Cuddles. No bad reaction (except the fighting to get it on!) Now that all looks good, time to make more! Please don't mind my gross poop boards. Everything has been frozen but it'll all be coming off tomorrow with the warmer weather :)

View attachment 1240963 View attachment 1240968 View attachment 1240980 View attachment 1240982 View attachment 1240983 View attachment 1240985

fits very well :celebrate

Choosing a butcher turkey would be so much harder if they were all friendly:old
Ain't that the truth?! My BIL actually thanked me when he found out which turkey my extended family ate for Christmas (he's the babysitter when I'm gone).
my husband is telling me i have to get rid of my turkeys, they keep getting up on the boat and poking holes into the shrinkwrap

:oops:

he is planning on keeping the boat in the same place over the supper but at that point it wont be wrapped

do you guys think clipping wings will keep them down?

You can train them to stay off if you're more stubborn than them. They used to climb up on my truck all the time. After a week or so of chasing them off and grabbing the ones who refused to be scared and tossing them into their pen, I won. No more turkeys on the truck.

Ain't that the truth?! My BIL actually thanked me when he found out which turkey my extended family ate for Christmas (he's the babysitter when I'm gone).

You can train them to stay off if you're more stubborn than them. They used to climb up on my truck all the time. After a week or so of chasing them off and grabbing the ones who refused to be scared and tossing them into their pen, I won. No more turkeys on the truck.

I have a Tom I bet you can't train.

I have decided this morning to change his name to "Easter".

I want some young from him because of his color and wing barring. After he fertilizes a few eggs. He is going to get that 4 hour rest at 350 degrees he has so rightly earned. He is beyond redemption. I caught him sneaking up on my backside while i was bent over filling feeders-----That was the last straw.

Back
Top Bottom