A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Sorry your attachment is showing as an error.

Your hen is definitely not an Oregon Gray. If you had a Bourbon Red tom that mated with a Blue Slate hen, you would have a Rusty Slate. The only other possibility is that your Blue Slate hen was a Barred Slate and mating her with a Bronze tom would produce a Red Slate.

One other possibility is that the tom was a Red Bronze which also could make a Rusty Slate.

My guess is that she is a Rusty Slate.
But if the tom was a red bronze, shouldn't I have hatched some bourbon reds too? If the hen was barred slate, I would be able to tell by looking at the wings, right?

I will try to upload the pic again when I get home and can use the computer. Phone is not cooperating.

Sorry your attachment is showing as an error.

Your hen is definitely not an Oregon Gray. If you had a Bourbon Red tom that mated with a Blue Slate hen, you would have a Rusty Slate. The only other possibility is that your Blue Slate hen was a Barred Slate and mating her with a Bronze tom could produce a Red Slate.

One other possibility is that the tom was a Red Bronze which also could make a Rusty Slate.

My guess is that she is a Rusty Slate.
Rusty slate looks like the closest match but mine are a lot lighter and less red than the picture on the Porter site. Wonder if it's the lighting in the picture or maybe my birds are sunbleached?

Rusty slate looks like the closest match but mine are a lot lighter and less red than the picture on the Porter site. Wonder if it's the lighting in the picture or maybe my birds are sunbleached?
At this time of year in the U.S. all turkeys are sun bleached unless they have just finished molting or are young of the year.

Last edited:
My puppy sleeps in such a silly way
IMG_20190921_152823196_TOP.jpg
!

My puppy sleeps in such a silly wayView attachment 1914275 !

We took our previous dog ( a lab) to an obedience school at “petsmart” when she was a pup...

She was laying like that between my legs on the floor and I was rubbing her belly.

The instructor saw her lying like that and went nuts.. screaming roll her over!! Dogs don’t like lying on their backs.

Even now with the dog we have lies on her back and we tell her “ dogs don’t like lying on their backs”..

But the stupid dogs does not listen and keeps lying on her back.

I think I will lose a Tom tonight. He got on the wrong side of the electric netting.
I tried to chase him back to the correct side. He played stupid really well, and ran around and around through the trees into the woods.

It finally got dark and I could no longer find him.. I hope the coyote likes him..

I think I will lose a Tom tonight. He got on the wrong side of the electric netting.
I tried to chase him back to the correct side. He played stupid really well, and ran around and around through the trees into the woods.

It finally got dark and I could no longer find him.. I hope the coyote likes him..
Hopefully he gets in a tree

Back
Top Bottom