A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Are your SS friendly little PITA's like mine? They are characters...I love 'em. Ralph has some too. I have to tell mine apart by their combs & faces. Little sweeties.
I have 3 SS's. The most friendly is the rooster, Walker. He will fly into my lap while the girls intertwine my feet. That is IF they can boot out the Light Brahmas and the Dominique roo (a/k/a PIMA Striper). The least friendly are the CA Whites - one will fly up on me ONLY if I have a feed container in hand - the other one is always hidden. Bucky Buzzard (black turken)(actually now Beckie Buzzard) is the same way - only interested if there is something in it for her. The newly "recognized Buff Orpington rooster" is the biggest coward even though he is almost the biggest bird in the flock. The Black Jersey Giants pay me no attention AT ALL.

about 8 years ago I used to have a white Ameracauna hen that would lose 80 - 90% of her feathers within the first 2 weeks of her molting cycle, even then she still looked great, sadly she passed away on December 11 2018, if she has lived till April 10th it would have been her 11th birthday, she was one of the first 3 pet chickens I have ever had, and the longest living, and I still miss that old hen

360B9640-2677-45D0-A8B0-9BCB4AEE39FD.jpeg
7182EAB6-C36D-4F63-9761-F7EC5C4F8DE3.jpeg
1ED38DA8-54B3-4C41-B3EF-7C7105C013FD.jpeg
D822B4EB-77DE-4402-AD3D-724132F968DF.jpeg
Paul and i went away for a long week end to the homesteaders of america conference. Before we left we had two bug eyed kids under the vicious creature. Then son the young sent a pic of nine more. So total eleven she gave us. The caption he sent with the pic with the lantern was.... this is as close as i was gettin to the cobra. Did not want die of blood loss from many bites. Hahhahahaha! I took the other one yesterday when we got home.

she was the one decided to nest by the shop. @R2elk.... do i remember that possibly the chocolate ones should be jennies? Or am i backwards? Tom is a br and she is a mutt (her dad was a rp and i think her mom is my bronze from her coloring... the other choices of her mom are sg and rp) But i KNOW these are all from her eggs only.

View attachment 1934305 View attachment 1934306 View attachment 1934307 View attachment 1934308 Paul and i went away for a long week end to the homesteaders of america conference. Before we left we had two bug eyed kids under the vicious creature. Then son the young sent a pic of nine more. So total eleven she gave us. The caption he sent with the pic with the lantern was.... this is as close as i was gettin to the cobra. Did not want die of blood loss from many bites. Hahhahahaha! I took the other one yesterday when we got home.

she was the one decided to nest by the shop. @R2elk.... do i remember that possibly the chocolate ones should be jennies? Or am i backwards? Tom is a br and she is a mutt (her dad was a rp and i think her mom is my bronze from her coloring... the other choices of her mom are sg and rp) But i KNOW these are all from her eggs only.
In order to get Chocolates, you must first have the brown (e) gene present. Sorry, I do not see any Chocolate poults there. I am seeing evidence of the black (B) gene, the gray gene (cg) and the red (r) gene. In my opinion, you have some Rusty Blacks in there and some type of Bronzes.

For the Chocolate gene to work the way you are thinking about, you breed a Chocolate tom over a Black hen. All the Chocolate poults will be hens and all the Black poults will be toms carrying a recessive brown gene.

Back
Top Bottom