A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Are you "fact checking" me Ralphie? LOL! One of my most master of master gardeners had an armadillo show up on her property. She has several acres and specializes in natives. Her gardens are so incredible that they've been published several times. So this armadillo shows up & starts destroying things. She's desperate. Can't trap it. So she & I put our headlamps on & staked it out. She brought her 9mm handgun. Yep...we found it & she shot it. Then we ran into the house cause we were sure someone would call the police after hearing a gunshot in the city! Giggling the whole way! We watched the neighborhood security vehicles roaming the street for several hours. One down.....

Are you "fact checking" me Ralphie? LOL! One of my most master of master gardeners had an armadillo show up on her property. She has several acres and specializes in natives. Her gardens are so incredible that they've been published several times. So this armadillo shows up & starts destroying things. She's desperate. Can't trap it. So she & I put our headlamps on & staked it out. She brought her 9mm handgun. Yep...we found it & she shot it. Then we ran into the house cause we were sure someone would call the police after hearing a gunshot in the city! Giggling the whole way! We watched the neighborhood security vehicles roaming the street for several hours. One down.....
:lau
A single shot is hard to pinpoint the location. Multiple shots makes it easy.

I hesitate regarding big foot. Just seems there would be some DNA evidence by this point. Or something. I haven't seen anything that confirms the presence of an elusive creature. Of course there are those that feel the extinct Ivory Billed Woodpecker is alive in the swamps of Brinkley AR. A photo was taken several years ago that seemed to prove it. Taken by local trappers. And everyone raced to the area trying to spot it. The poor Brinkley folks spent hours trying to find people lost in the swamps. Swamps are dangerous and easy to get lost in. It was the wild west for poor little Brinkley. No photos or recordings of the bird to be had. And I was so hoping for the bird to be living there....

It's a drizzly nasty day here. So gather round....I'm going to tell you the story of my Grandpa, the Red Baron & grouse. Whether ya wanna read it or not!!

Grandpa grew up in the Black Forest on August von Bismarck's estate Lilienhoff. That area of Germany is the wine growing area. Also, his father trained the trotters & pacers for competition. But the estate was also used for hunting. In 1917 Manfred von Richthofen had a bullet ricochet off his head. During his recovery he was invited to hunt on the estate. Hunting was a huge deal for him! He was late & the hunting party had left. When he finally showed up my Grandpa walked him out to the blinds were they were shooting GROUSE. Grandpa said he was quiet & very polite. He also said he looked very young with bright blue eyes & very blond hair. At 14 my grandpa was already taller than him. Gramps ended up being 6-4. And his youngest brother was 7 foot. He estimated he may have been around 5-5. But most of the pilots came from the calvery and were purposely small due to plane size. Now think about this....air planes were only 10 years old at the time. Made of canvas & toothpicks. Richthofen wrote the dicta on air warfare. I find these guys fascinating. Most pilots lasted less than 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom