A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Be careful out there @memphis !

Speaking of masks, one of my Etsy customers contacted me today and asked if I would make masks for their family. Here's one of the experiments on DH

20200403_205746.jpg

@aliciaplus3 I have your saddles ready. They'll be in the mail tomorrow :)

Be careful Memphis! There are teenagers in your neighborhood and I'm sure they don't want to loose their city turkeys so have teenagers bring you your stuff. They are useful for that much!

I disagree, avoid teenagers at all cost. They are the least likely to watch whom they make contact with.

They seem to think this is one huge vacation and going about like they live forever.

I disagree, avoid teenagers at all cost. They are the least likely to watch whom they make contact with.

They seem to think this is one huge vacation and going about like they live forever.
Remember way back in the Stone age when you were a kid Ralphie? There are good kids and bad kids, now and then. I'm sure Memphis knows who the good kids are. It's still safer than going to the community petri dish that is the neighborhood grocers. Everyone has to go there. At least she can simply wipe the groceries outside and then bring them in and put them away. She doesn't even have to interact with said delivery kids! Plus, what else are out of school teens with driver's licenses going to do with their time?

Remember way back in the Stone age when you were a kid Ralphie? There are good kids and bad kids, now and then. I'm sure Memphis knows who the good kids are. It's still safer than going to the community petri dish that is the neighborhood grocers. Everyone has to go there. At least she can simply wipe the groceries outside and then bring them in and put them away. She doesn't even have to interact with said delivery kids! Plus, what else are out of school teens with driver's licenses going to do with their time?

Sit home bored. Is what they should do. Avoiding other kids. Without it social distancing won’t work.

Because I remember back to the Stone Age is why I would avoid the teens. We have been doing pick up groceries.

We order them online. Pick them up without getting out of the truck or van. We come in contact with no one.

When we get home we soak the non-meat products in germicides.
We wear latex gloves and disinfect the meats, cheeses and things that need refrigeration.

The other stuff sits in the van for three days then gets disinfected and brought in.

Sit home bored. Is what they should do. Avoiding other kids. Without it social distancing won’t work.

Because I remember back to the Stone Age is why I would avoid the teens. We have been doing pick up groceries.

We order them online. Pick them up without getting out of the truck or van. We come in contact with no one.

When we get home we soak the non-meat products in germicides.
We wear latex gloves and disinfect the meats, cheeses and things that need refrigeration.

The other stuff sits in the van for three days then gets disinfected and brought in.
When I go grocery shopping, I do not take any of those precautions. I am not about to let someone else choose my groceries for me.

I accept my hug from the cashier. I carry out my groceries. When I get home, I put items away like I always have. I do not wipe anything down. The only time that I even wash my hands is to rinse them well after picking tomatoes because if I don't, my hands develop blisters from contact with the tomato plant.

When I go grocery shopping, I do not take any of those precautions. I am not about to let someone else choose my groceries for me.

I accept my hug from the cashier. I carry out my groceries. When I get home, I put items away like I always have. I do not wipe anything down. The only time that I even wash my hands is to rinse them well after picking tomatoes because if I don't, my hands develop blisters from contact with the tomato plant.
It has been nice knowing you...

I am a natural born germophobe so this strikes me at my core...

I even put sterile latex gloves on to take dishes out of the dishwasher and put them in the cupboards because I don’t want my germs on them..

some think that is a little excessive but to me it makes good sense.

It has been nice knowing you...

I am a natural born germophobe so this strikes me at my core...

I even put sterile latex gloves on to take dishes out of the dishwasher and put them in the cupboards because I don’t want my germs on them..

some think that is a little excessive but to me it makes good sense.
It has been proven that a complete lack of "germs" in one's life can lead to a weakened immune system.

Ordering & pick up is something I should do. But like R2elk...its hard to have someone else pick out my stuff. Hopefully I won't need to go back for awhile.
Apparently my Poppy tom is quite the talker now that he found his gobble. She put him on the phone. She's trying to get us a picture.

Back
Top Bottom