A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Mandy...what fo you have for turkrys?
Ok!! I was just wondering because ya'll have such a great relationship with each other!! I hate to barge into a "friends only" chat lol.

I just recently acquired some poults. Kids begged. Husband gave the pouty face and here I am caring for 3 poults without having done my proper OCD research!!! Dang it!!! lol

Anywho, I have a BB white turkey poult and after realizing that's what I got and that we would have to eat it (yikes) I ended up purchasing 2 more poults that are Royal palms, the same age as the white. They are about 3 weeks old now. So really I have a few different things I wanted to ask about. The cleaning... they seem to poop all over each other... They are in a farely small brooder at the moment and I'm hoping to switch out some chicks that are heading out to the coop in a week or so and I'll be moving the turks into a way bigger area. But in the meantime, how do I keep them clean?? I have them on pine flakes. I clean the bedding out multiple times a week. They have a smaller feeder, but they don't eat a whole lot. Which leads me to my next issue.

I do have them on game bird starter after I realized that a flock raiser wasn't enough. I had the BB white with baby chicks for a few days (again pre-research) so he learned to eat and drink farely well. The royal palms came from a breeder a few days after the white but she said they knew how to eat and drink from feeders just fine. Should I be monitoring their weight somehow? Just to make sure they are getting enough? I see each of them eat and drink so I know they are its just is it enough?

And does their little nub on the face tell you the sex of the poult? Just guessing lol.

Ok.. Sorry for the word vomit lol. But here are my babies!! 💜 :love
IMG_4749.JPG

I think the "baby girl" lays on both her bros?! 🥰
IMG_9461.JPG

On the way home from the breeder, my palms!
IMG_9133.JPG

This is my dirty girl... How can I keep them clean?? Their feet are gross too!! I've tried wiping them down daily.
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5919.JPG
    IMG_5919.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5920.JPG
    IMG_5920.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom