A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

And Romeo with your son

Actually, that picture was Cuddles. I miss that hen so much. Baby is a close second but nobody will ever be anywhere near as sweet as Cuddles was.

Blackberry is getting big, I'm going to have to get a picture. I'm REALLY hoping she's a she! She also looks to be a tri colored mottled black. She has a few small brown feathers/ patches. She's going to be gorgeous! Blueberry is still hanging in there. He still has a weird leg issue and I don't know that I'll ever be able to safely integrate him/ her in to the flock. He seems to be getting along very well though with Blackberry and Molly in the seperation pen. I'm going to try to let them all out together on Monday since I'll be off. Strawberry had to be put down a while ago. She had wry neck that became extreme and would not correct.

Last edited:
Blackberry

20200715_155043.jpg
20200715_155103.jpg
20200715_155030.jpg
20200715_155013.jpg

I'm so sick.. my 2 month old turkey poult died today. I did a necropsy and took pictures of her liver. I fear she died of blackhead from the pictures on the internet Ive seen. I have poults coming in a few days. They are already in transit! Too late to cancel the order. And had I known this prior I would have canceled. My chickens are all over my property so there is no where chickens havent been. What do I do?? How can I prevent the new poults from getting it?
:hit:hit:hit:hit

View attachment 2244972View attachment 2244973View attachment 2244976

The purple staining is blue kote.
@casportpony can you give some advice here?

I can’t think of anything other than raising them on cement and away from the chickens. I think you may want to find someone to take them.

The only thing I know of was an arsenic based med that was discontinued several years ago. Arsenic as a medicine has some drawbacks.

@kfelton0002 what type of soil are you on? You will probably need to find someone a good distance from you..

Good Luck.

Ps, I am not @casportpony but I do portray her on TV..

:lau :lau :lau :gig

I can’t think of anything other than raising them on cement and away from the chickens. I think you may want to find someone to take them.

The only thing I know of was an arsenic based med that was discontinued several years ago. Arsenic as a medicine has some drawbacks.

@kfelton0002 what type of soil are you on? You will probably need to find someone a good distance from you..

Good Luck.

Ps, I am not @casportpony but I do portray her on TV..

:lau :lau :lau :gig
Kathy has peacocks and a turkey that she is raising in a blackhead area. I would trust her advice more than yours.

A layer of base rock in the pen and a wood floor or stall mats in the coop will help, as will routine de-worming with fenbendazole or albendazole. I also suggest buying some metronidazole and injectable enrofloxacin just in case.

While still small I suggest regular weight checks, because until they are full-grown, they should make daily gains. Any lack of gain or weight loss is a sign something is wrong, and when caught early, blackhead can be treated.

Three great links.

Back
Top Bottom