A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Removed 8 jakes I was going to use for breeding next year from flock to aggressive to other turkeys always looking to fight, not very good personalities. Half going in smoker in a few days and other half to freezer camp. Need to make room for new poults with promise for breeding with better attitudes. Reintroduced breeding toms from this year from breeding pens back into main open pen. Waited till dark to reintroduce so hopefully less fighting in morning, supposed to rain here in morning so that should help some to. But I'm sure its going to be noisy out there in morning for awhile.
plz send rain. send now. plz & ty

We could definitely use some rain out here too! Has been low 100s and major fire hazards. In fact had a fire a couple blocks away the other day...and yet all the fireworks stands are coming out in full force anyways..even though we are in a pretty good drought
Yes I have seen all those high temps from western states on news. Looks like its starting out do be a big fire hazard this year again. Yes you know the fireworks are going to be a problem.

Yes I have seen all those high temps from western states on news. Looks like its starting out do be a big fire hazard this year again. Yes you know the fireworks are going to be a problem.
Yea its definitely gonna be an interesting year. Had to evac my parents last year for a fire and the year before my house was in pre evac....cant wait to see where we end up this year haha

2 Sweet littles just hatched.

KIMG0376_01.JPG

Shut my broody out of her nest today and threw the eggs. They didnt develop much. Now shes making me feel sad bc she spent all day walking around the door doing the sad "where are babies" whine. Why can't she just be easy and stop it!!!
I still don’t know what I could have done for Sabrina when her baby duckling was killed. She mourned for over a month, and was happiest with the toddler Duckling. She wasn’t a lap turkey, but she wanted Duckling. I couldn’t get her to adopt other chicks, or sit.
Her two turkey buds were with the wild flock across the road, but she was bonded with the duck and chicken brooder mates, and seemed happy to stick with them until she became a mother. The baby died (possum was suspected), and Sabrina would stay alone. She would sleep on the roof, and wait for us to come outside in the morning. She watched a lot of T-ball.
:oops: I still feel like a failure for returning her to… the breeder on this thread. I couldn’t watch her grief anymore.
304E21B6-A275-4322-87CA-B3FB97219305.jpeg 0DD3F928-6130-4684-9DC5-1955E1A227AA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom