A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

20210926_143930.jpg
20210926_143945.jpg

Remember the bumblefoot poult? Turned out to be a jenny! Makes saving her more worth it in regards to... well, numbers and ratios, I guess... she has become a bit of a lapper due to her treatments as a poult.

She has some scarring on her feet making a few toes bigger than others, otherwise you would not know

Injections are plenty easy. Excede is intramuscular so it doesn't need to be particularly precise, just get it into the breast muscle and you can't miss. My fear with tubing is always hitting lungs, even though I know you are supposed to smell it, or pushing too hard, or poking something wrong.... usually my issues are not digestive related in the end anyways.
Your bird is lucky to have you!
Guess we all have something we worry about. Though I'm not sure I'd be too comfortable tube feeding either.

Hedylogus is definitely getting better, and is happier at home. He keeps himself in our bedroom in our 5th wheel camper trailer. We have blankets over the windows so it's fairly dark in there. We left the door open yesterday while we were working in the shop, came outside to check on him and couldn't find him. Started looking, checked the trailer twice before we decided to check the bedroom, and there he was on the bed just as happy as could be.

I had to process our BB white hen yesterday. I haven't been out taking care of the flock lately because I broke my foot so DH and DD had been handling it. Basically, they were putting the feed out and coming in, not looking for any issues. She ended up egg bound and prolapsed so when I finally did get out there and saw, processing early was the best option. She dressed out at 22lbs. Not bad at all though she's the first broad breasted I've ever raised. I think the broody pile has a couple of her eggs so I may try to steal them and throw them in the incubator just in case any are good. Then I could have done hybrids to grow out.

20210927_181814.jpg
20210927_181811.jpg

I had to process our BB white hen yesterday. I haven't been out taking care of the flock lately because I broke my foot so DH and DD had been handling it. Basically, they were putting the feed out and coming in, not looking for any issues. She ended up egg bound and prolapsed so when I finally did get out there and saw, processing early was the best option. She dressed out at 22lbs. Not bad at all though she's the first broad breasted I've ever raised. I think the broody pile has a couple of her eggs so I may try to steal them and throw them in the incubator just in case any are good. Then I could have done hybrids to grow out.

View attachment 2849579View attachment 2849580
Sorry for the broken foot 👣
How did that happen?
How old was she? She dressed out nice.

Sorry for the broken foot 👣
How did that happen?
How old was she? She dressed out nice.

It's almost healed now, it's just my little toe now that's still swollen and painful but it was my entire foot that was swelled up and changing colors. I don't have insurance so I didn't go to the Dr but my boss gave me a medical boot lol. I kicked a metal door stopper...HARD. I heard a loud Crack and it was NOT the door stopper.

20210908_053237.jpg

I hit it between my little toe and the one next to it so I'm not sure how my entire foot turned colors and my other toes. It's a mystery.

20210911_100725.jpg

20210915_213315.jpg

As far as the BB girl, she was 5-6 months old. I forget which swap I got her at.

It's almost healed now, it's just my little toe now that's still swollen and painful but it was my entire foot that was swelled up and changing colors. I don't have insurance so I didn't go to the Dr but my boss gave me a medical boot lol. I kicked a metal door stopper...HARD. I heard a loud Crack and it was NOT the door stopper.

View attachment 2849627View attachment 2849628

As far as the BB girl, she was 5-6 months old. I forget which swap I got her at.
Owww owww owww
I wouldn't be feeding either

View attachment 2849579View attachment 2849580
How old was she?

Back
Top Bottom