A Cockerel with Gold Lacing and White Head

Possibly dom white with wheaten leakage?

Bonus pic - Liftoff:
View attachment 2776998
She does look like a wheaten. Who's her father?
These two are both regular wheatens then. XP Snowbell had the exact same pattern as Boo when he was young, until his big boy feathers came in. You can still see some juvenile feathers on his wings yet to be replaced.

Edit: Snowbell’s mum is a wheaten as well so it must run strong genetics wise.
I have a cat named Snowbelle. A white fluffy one.
Boo looks too dark to be wheaten?

Sadly I don’t know who Betty and Boo’s parents are as the people I brought the pullets from hatched them from eggs they got online, and I only know what Snowbell, Jeremy and Dolly’s mother is but not the dad.

I was thinking Boo and Snowbell could possibly be brown-red wheatens while Betty is maybe just a wheaten or buff wheaten? Betty looks like she has far more white compared to other wheaten chicken pics online though.
There’s no such thing as brown-red wheatens but I do think Boo is a red wheaten. I was thinking Betty might be a blue wheaten.

There’s no such thing as brown-red wheatens but I do think Boo is a red wheaten. I was thinking Betty might be a blue wheaten.
I saw the red colour listed as brown-red 😆 I know now though.

Could very well be a blue wheaten 😮 The pics match her colour ratio.
B48EE21F-2D6F-47B3-B078-9F2FFC41EA2B.jpeg

tx-wheaten-and-blue-wheaten-ameraucanas-from-show-stock-21850295.jpg

4E608E66-43B9-4D83-AD37-2041E6E88854.jpeg

f8032b0619c414f58e2ee6800c106943.jpg

Yeah it’s very weird.
The white feathering? Could be caused by a dietary change when he was growing those feathers in. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you.

I fed them the same feed the previous owner did, though a different brand so that could have something to do with it? I’ll have to see if it sticks around or not.

BD8E53D3-06BD-41B8-AA38-678B461AB1C9.jpeg
B214E803-B4B0-4F3E-8BA3-00475A36C151.jpeg
I also have this hen, Betty, who is some form of white with what looks like dun leakage?

These two are both regular wheatens then. XP Snowbell had the exact same pattern as Boo when he was young, until his big boy feathers came in. You can still see some juvenile feathers on his wings yet to be replaced.
932C55ED-6C11-43A5-963A-7ADD8471E923.jpeg
654857AE-D458-4E1B-932D-80F7B8CE9B6D.jpeg

Edit: Snowbell’s mum is a wheaten as well so it must run strong genetics wise.

She does look like a wheaten. Who's her father?

I have a cat named Snowbelle. A white fluffy one.
Boo looks too dark to be wheaten?

Sadly I don’t know who Betty and Boo’s parents are as the people I brought the pullets from hatched them from eggs they got online, and I only know what Snowbell, Jeremy and Dolly’s mother is but not the dad.

I was thinking Boo and Snowbell could possibly be brown-red wheatens while Betty is maybe just a wheaten or buff wheaten? Betty looks like she has far more white compared to other wheaten chicken pics online though.

Back
Top Bottom