A few misfits....Ocala.

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Ive got a few misfits available for sale. One is a honkin big copper splash marans rooster; he's around 5 months old, and he's as big as a turkey. Im not going to use him because he has a bit of a wry tail. I posted pictures of him a month or so ago on that monstrous Marans thread. He's free.

Also available 3 wheaten Ameraucana pullets. One almost laying age, 2 others a bit younger. They are for sale because they have lousy wheaten color. Im getting a few pullets now and again with extremely pale color, like off white. I can't use them for the breeding pen. But they should be fine layers, and they are cute as a bug. $10 each, located a bit north of Ocala. No shipping.

Just how misfitty are these hens? I am looking more for the eggs than the chicken, so would you say they have good consistant egg color and lay 3-4 or more eggs each week? I have a few Ameraucanas, two from Gabbard eggs (Julie), they are a splash roo and a black hen. Then I have a buff colored, questionable, Ameraucana, from a different seller, but she does lay a blue egg 5 days a week, I am good with that.

The splash and the black will give me all Blue offspring, that's what I'm told I will hatch a couple of dozen to give away and start some nice colors in central Florida. My chicken space is 2 chickens short of full so I could get your oldest pullet to add to my blue egg layers, if the eggs are good colors and good egg laying frequency.

I live in Astatula, just north of Clermont, how far north of Ocala is "a bit north"?

Do you still have the older Ameraucana pullett, she would fit in best with my youngest black Ameraucana hen, she is weeks away from her first egg and the Splash Ameraucan roo was hatched with her. Ron

They are not laying yet, so I cant guarantee egg color, but they came out of beautiful eggs.

I am north of Ocala, but I go to Ocala once a week or so, so I could meet you there, if you're interested in her. Im all about egg color over perfect type, but these have such light feathers that I just can't use them, even if they have the best blue eggs in the world....well, maybe if they were the best blue eggs in the world....but anyway, thats the story.

i may be interested in the two younger pullets, but its about a 2 and a half hour drive to ocala from where i am, would you be able to PM me some pics????

Ill take some tomorrow. I was thinking of doing that this evening, but I ran out of time and out of daylight.

Back
Top Bottom