A few pics of the peepers.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mmmaddie13, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Mmmaddie13

Mmmaddie13 Songster

Mar 5, 2011
    Berthoud, CO
    There will be more soon, and this isn't everybody. [​IMG]

Any guesses on what this little guy is? She was bought as an Araucana/Americauna pullet, but the spotty eyes and no beard are throwing me off. She's also a lot more flighty than the other girls.
    [​IMG]

6 of the kids in the living room.
    [​IMG]

This is Mo. [​IMG] She's a cuddler.
    [​IMG]

How can you go wrong with chipmunk chicks?
    [​IMG]

And I just gotta show you guys Toby, my blue-eyed white Saxony drake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. So cute [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I love peepers! I thought I was the only one who called them that. [​IMG] Woot! I'm not alone. Haha. The first chick looks like an Easter Egger. Either an ameraucana mix,or just one born without puffs. I breed ameraucanas and sometimes occasionally,the chicks will be born without puffs. So,either way,she's cute!!

She kind looks like LSP,my ee (now grown) She's on the faar left
    [​IMG]
    She'll probably look like this when grow (This is No-Puff,LSP's mother;sorry for the bad pic)-
    [​IMG]

Here's Puffer a no-puff EE,next to his sister (weird how they're both related,right?
    [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Love all the "peepers"! [​IMG] thanks guys for sharing. [​IMG] And of course, the beautiful drake too!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. KristyAz

KristyAz Songster

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    That little chick looks sort of like my Silver Laced Wyandotte chick, but I'm no expert!

5. Mmmaddie13

Mmmaddie13 Songster

Mar 5, 2011
    Berthoud, CO
    Quote:Aw they're adorable! Thanks so much!

I figured she was an EE, but the speckled eyes through me off, and I assumed that the inexperienced employees at the feed store just saw chipmunk and put them all in the same bin. But we'll see. I always love it when they start feathering out, and turn into such beautiful birds! It's always a mystery of what they'll look like! [​IMG]

6. Quote:Aw they're adorable! Thanks so much!

I figured she was an EE, but the speckled eyes through me off, and I assumed that the inexperienced employees at the feed store just saw chipmunk and put them all in the same bin. But we'll see. I always love it when they start feathering out, and turn into such beautiful birds! It's always a mystery of what they'll look like! [​IMG]

Thanks! Haha! Most likely. But,whoever put her in there,she's a cutie. [​IMG] I thank them. I love it when they feather out too! My Turken looked like some weird new color,but turned out to be a buff. [​IMG]

7. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Songster

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    They're so cute! [​IMG] I call chicks "peep-peeps," although it's not the same as "peepers." [​IMG]

8. princess_laquisha

princess_laquisha In the Brooder

Feb 14, 2011
    Seattle
    So adorable! It makes me want chicks right now! Unfortunately, silkies don't come until Friday where I am [​IMG]

9. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Crowing

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    They look like EE's to me... they are VERY cute!

10. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Quote:Reminds me of my Golden Campine...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: