A Few Questions About Jumbo Coturnix Quails...

I agree apple cider vinegar is another item worth having around along with baking soda. The many things you can do with baking soda blows me away. Thanks for sharing.

For candling? Day 8 you can see veins. day 14 is when light doesnt pass through the egg (chick blocking the light) so I would say the latter but I gave up candling because of the spots.

Okay. So. New problem. My one chick with spraddle is doing pretty bad. It is drinking fine but has not eaten at all and is starving itself. Is there anything I can do to help it?

Okay. So. New problem. My one chick with spraddle is doing pretty bad. It is drinking fine but has not eaten at all and is starving itself. Is there anything I can do to help it?

I've heard of some folks using bandaids or gently tied strings between the legs to keep them straight. This won't need to be on long.

If he's not eating, you can syringe feed them. Some water with a bit of electrolytes may help him out. They will want company so if you can, keep him together with your most gentle chick but don't leave him with the healthier ones as they may bulldoze him unintentionally.

And as the above poster recommended, if you think this chick won't do better as it grows up it may be best to cull. There are a few ways to do it, but I'd research & pick the one that suits you best (efficiently & emotionally).

She is eating on her own now but her legs are usekess abd dead. One side of her is growing but the other is not. She has gotten used to crawling and has two friends that she likes to cuddle with. Muchbetter than yesterday, I think she was sick or something. Any suggestions on special care? As she is improving, I don't think she'll need to be culled unless her condition gets worse.Thanks for your help, guys!

Back
Top Bottom