A Frame Pallet Wood Project

Construction has been on hold for quite a time due to wet weather and poison ivy where we were going to put the coop. Turns out it could be for the best because we were not aware that coops should not be close to the well.

We're currently deciding where another good spot will be.

Construction has been on hold for quite a time due to wet weather and poison ivy where we were going to put the coop. Turns out it could be for the best because we were not aware that coops should not be close to the well.

We're currently deciding where another good spot will be.

Glad you figured that out before you got the building done.

And good luck getting the poison ivy under control.

I enjoyed getting caught up on your thread. I'm in the early days of getting a new homestead established as well.

Do you have a hitch on your Durango? While renovating our last home, Hubs had an old Cherokee. Later a super short bed Sort Trac. A bed extender helped https://www.harborfreight.com/truck-bed-extender-69650.html

The frequent shopper program at Tractor Supply keeps offering us a free trailer rental. I think you have to sped quite a bit there to earn it, which isn't a problem for us unfortunately.

Good luck to you. It's an interesting journey with a steep learning curve. I hope you find joy in the rewarding moments.

Glad you figured that out before you got the building done.

And good luck getting the poison ivy under control.
Thank you. We're not qualified to tackle the poison ivy at this point. It's on the other side of our fence and in the woods for the most part. We were going to put the coop there for the shade but we'll just have to create shade in a different location that's not so close to the well.

I enjoyed getting caught up on your thread. I'm in the early days of getting a new homestead established as well.

Do you have a hitch on your Durango? While renovating our last home, Hubs had an old Cherokee. Later a super short bed Sort Trac. A bed extender helped https://www.harborfreight.com/truck-bed-extender-69650.html

The frequent shopper program at Tractor Supply keeps offering us a free trailer rental. I think you have to sped quite a bit there to earn it, which isn't a problem for us unfortunately.

Good luck to you. It's an interesting journey with a steep learning curve. I hope you find joy in the rewarding moments.
Thanks for stopping by! We don't have a trailer hitch. Thought about installing one but the Durango came from Wisconsin and has plenty of rust. It's a 2006 so it's up there in years as well.

We have just completed the bottom run of a stage 2 brooder. This should keep the ladies happy while we get a hoop coop built. Walls and roof are next.

IMG_20220602_193125416_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220602_193148918_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220601_173550335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom