A Friend Wants to Know... I Say Roo (?)

devora

Songster
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Willits, CA Gateway to the Redwoods
Hey BYC, a friend of mine wants me to ID this bird her neighbors picked up at the ag store. Looks like it's ready to crow to me, but I'm always unsure about an ID so thought I'd check w/ the Experts. Do your magic, oh sagacious ones, and pronounce this bird....(sorry for the sideways pic)
download

Thanx for the heads up. When I look at the thread there is a pic there. ??? Sorry about that but it's difficult if I'm seeing something you're not!

I'll try to post a different way and will include the age.

THX!

I'm a novice, but I'll give this a try. Rooster. The saddle and hackle feathers are too pointy to be a pullet.

that looks like a red sex link COCKEREL that handsome boy will give you some nice crowing but never an egg and im 300% sure on this
wink.png

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, I finally got one right. And 300% sure, whoa, that is mighty sure!!

THANK YOU folks for helping me out.

Now I have to tell my city friend that she's living next to a rooster. "OK, sit down, there's some good news and some bad news..."

I'm still trying to figure out what the good news will be.

I can't see the pic, but usually the good news is they're pretty and fun to watch.

If her neighbors are legal, she just needs to suck it up or go back to the city. Sorry, little overflow from new neighbors who want to "live" in the country but not "see, smell or hear" the country.

Back
Top Bottom