1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A gentle reminder. PLEASE READ!!!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kstaven, Mar 9, 2009.

1. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    At this time of year we have a huge increase in members. With this comes many who are unaware of policies and rules enforced on the forum. Also, many rules have been updated in recent history.

I would ask that ALL familiarize them selves with the current general forum rules and take note of the STICKIES at the top of the forum sections; which contain rules or guidlines for that specific area.

If there is something on the forum that is blatantly not family friendly then USE THE REPORT BUTTON and DO NOT respond on the forum to what you find offensive ( a reactionary response will likely be deemed flaming as much as the offensive post). The report will be reviewed in a timely manner by the moderators and decisions on how to proceed will be made by consensus of the staff.

Thank you

Kurtis

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Kurtis, thank you for the reminder. and it was gentle.
    thank you Mods, for keeping this site 'safe' for my children and their friends at school. they like to cruise the sight during free computer time.

[​IMG]

3. Can you moderators types tell i have toned it down or are my fingers still running away with the devils thoughts ?

I am finding less and less time to enjoy this site. Spring is here, the animals are staring at me for their many needs and I am just enjoying the outdoors again. Thank GOD it is spring !!

4. kstaven

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:Let me CAREFULLY scrutinize your last 200 posts and I'll get back to you on it! [​IMG] By PM of course.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

All you peeps are awesome. I have been PM'ing new folks about rules.... like asking ages. That is a big one lately.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Let me CAREFULLY scrutinize your last 200 posts and I'll get back to you on it! [​IMG] By PM of course.

[​IMG]

7. Holy 'that's a lot of posts' Batman !! Are you sure you have a "qwerty" type keyboard or did they make one for you that lets you type 200 words a minute !!

Love your new avatar BTW.

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Thank you Mods for keeping this site "safe" for ME! There still are a few, ok, very few, things that shock me! [​IMG]

9. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    WOW That's about 50 posts per day lol. That's dedication.

10. kstaven

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:It's just another one of those things that happens in regular cycles. Every time there is a surge of new members, it takes a while for people to get used to the way this board is run and why.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by