A great gift

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got a nice gift from my uncle tonight, he gave a an 9 foot row of cages with 6 separate "breeder" pens that he built
big_smile.png

I have 11 Coturnix Quail, was 12 till a hen killed herself tonight
sad.png
........................ anyway lol, I plan to pen them up in there and have a couple extras for later use. He also gave me two egg turners, 6 more pigeons ( he already gave me 6 lol ) and a 24x24x10 cage. I am so thankful to have a great uncle that will help me get my "bird farm" started lol

Quote:
Wow thats sad, Im sorry to hear about that, this is why I tell my 15 year old to stop driving her 4 wheeler close to the coop. Silly teens!! But when she was younger she threw a water balloon and accidently hit the chicken and did the same thing. They really are fragile creatures.

Man I wish I had an awesome uncle that lived close enough to me to get a set-up like that! It's sad about your quail passing, I thankfully havent experienced anything like that with my quails. I have with my fish though, bought a $100 Spotted Gar to have it spook and smash into the side of the aquarium and die. It was horribly depressing.

Back
Top Bottom