A little pricing help...? Update Post 12 $300?? EEEKK

If you aren't completely embarrassed by what you are offering then you are offering too much. I was told that one time and I live by it now. I have insulted a few people but by far it has paid off for me, I have gotten a lot of things very cheap, If I would have offered more for the stuff I would have given away free money to someone. You can always go up but you can never drop in price if you are the buyer. I love finding really sweet deals.

For just the coop, I would probably offer $30, if he is insulted I would laugh and say oh well ya can't blame me for trying you wanted an offer, then I would make him throw a price out to me, the funny thing is he will be afraid to insult you at this point because he knows what you think it is worth so he is gonna come back with something close to his bottom dollar.

I love wheeling and dealing. Hope you get it as cheap as you can.

He wants $300 for everything...

Includes:
The Coop (4x8x6)
10 Chickens (1 Barred Rock Rooster, 2 Brown leghorns hens, 3 Barred Rock hens, 3 Barred Rock pullets)
Hova-Bator incubator
starter feeders and waters
2 feeders - 30 lbs feeder & 15 lbs feeder
2 fonts - 5 lbs water font & 3 lbs water font
electric font heater with auto-on thermostat
heat lamps

Hmmm, I can't spend half of that... But $100 of that is for the 10 chickens, I don't know how he broke the rest down...

Opinions??
caf.gif

Quote:
If only my husband would build something.... It wouldn't matter if the supplies were FREE, I couldnt get him to do it!
he.gif
And it's not that he's not handy, he is...
smack.gif

Do it yourself. It's not too hard to cut and hammer/drill some wood together. Besides, if you start it, he'll probably step in and help.

As for $300, that's definately worth it. The coop, I'd be cheap on, I wouldn't want to spend more than $50 for a coop. The hens/roo, well, that's a decent price, but, I'd probably skip up on them, since they go for under $10 at the sale barn. BUT, the hovabator incubator would catch my eye, along with the feeders. Either way, it's all a decent price.

Quote:
Wow weeee - where do you live? I just plopped down $36.00 per 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch treated plywood...which I thought was really high!

Quote:
If only my husband would build something.... It wouldn't matter if the supplies were FREE, I couldnt get him to do it!
he.gif
smack.gif

DIY!!!! It'll be fun!

Quote:
Wow weeee - where do you live? I just plopped down $36.00 per 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch treated plywood...which I thought was really high!

I just got 2 sheets of 3/8 inch for $27 day before yesterday. You'll pay more the thicker the wood and for treated. Not a bad price for what you got IMO. Not near as bad as it used to be. Demand has went down, so it's cheaper. Not much building going on...well I guess other than chicken coops
lol.png

Quote:
he.gif
smack.gif

DIY!!!! It'll be fun!

Fun for who?? If it was me DIYing it would only be fun for anyone watching.....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom