A nice place for the coop?

Sorry, not posted today. gone after church to my friends and rode horses for two and a half hours....FUN!

Here it is! finally...

114015_coop.png

The log is where a solid plywood wall is. We are going to make a free standing structure, which means no build on the walls. we purposely made it so i can slip kinda behind the wall to collect eggs from a protruding nesting box thing. tell me what you thing!

It's difficult to see just exactly what we're looking at. Is this going in a barn or garage area? How big of a coop are you thinking of building? You might want to go to the TSC store or book store and look at some magazines to get an idea of what can be done. One other thing you might tell us is what state you are in and the area of that state.

I wish you well,

Rancher

he.gif
Sorry. so excited about the pics i forgot
hide.gif

It is going to be in a barn that my cats and rabbits live in. it is going to be a 8x7 feet coop. I have an idea all ready, but just wanted to see what 'the experts' on here thought. as we get it built i'll update it. I live in Iowa, northern iowa. we are having a mild winter and my grandpa said last time we had a winter like this we had a very warm summer so i am kinda glad so i don't have to worry about my chicks being cold when they first move out. (though heat is an option. X()

Why are you building it 8x7? 8x8 would be pretty much the same cost also with 8 more sq ft. Is your barn drafty? I would personally have an "Inside area" Walls with a top for them to roost to keep their body heat in the coop. Are you planning on just using wire? Can you be more specific about your plans? Thanks!

Nate

8x7- there is a feeding trough in the way of the door of a 8x8 plus easy acess to nesting boxes. (we are going to build one of those nesting boxes that protrude out from the side with a lift lid.)
The back wall is going to be plywood
The side with the window is going to be half plywood half wire
the side closest is going to be wire
and the other side is wire
We do not have a drafty barn, and it is pretty warm in the winter, we can take our coats and hats and gloves off when we're in there.
We don't have the Maximum amount of money some could spend on chickens so we are making do with what we have.....

Yay yeah! My brother, dad, and i just built the frame for one the of the walls!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............BUT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL APRIL!!!!!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom