A perfect world?

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Not possible, right? :lol:

I'm reading Brave new world as part of my english course. I have to say, it's a lot better than 1984. It's a very interesting idea, which I would in no way like to see become reality. I mean, a world without families and parents, where they condition you to believe you're in such a social class and are destined for such a life? That would be odd! I'm not very far into the book, but it's apparently meant to make everyone happy with the position they're in.
It's definitely better than the world put forward in 1984 (that was just scary) but I don't think it's possible to live somewhere perfect. There'd be flaws under the surface the "world controllers" would want everyone to see.

Where are we at, today? The government supports and society turns a blind eye, or gives a wink and a nod to women with 5 kids, from 5 different men..The idea of "Family" has been hijacked to mean whatever you want it to mean. The meaning of "Marriage" is being hijacked and dumbed down, so that there is no significance in the word, itself.

We had a First Lady write a book called, It takes a Village, when what it really takes is a family.

Just yesterday, people in charge of a school lunch program took a kid's meal away, which he brought from home, because it had pudding in it. It didn't meet the requirements of a proper lunch.

I could go on, but we are living in scary times and probably haven't even seen the start of it.

Where are we at, today? The government supports and society turns a blind eye, or gives a wink and a nod to women with 5 kids, from 5 different men..The idea of "Family" has been hijacked to mean whatever you want it to mean. The meaning of "Marriage" is being hijacked and dumbed down, so that there is no significance in the word, itself.

We had a First Lady write a book called, It takes a Village, when what it really takes is a family.

Just yesterday, people in charge of a school lunch program took a kid's meal away, which he brought from home, because it had pudding in it. It didn't meet the requirements of a proper lunch.

I could go on, but we are living in scary times and probably haven't even seen the start of it.

thumbsup.gif

:lol:

The book is starting to get more interesting. We've got to the part where Lenina is introduced to the concept of 'old' which the world controllers had managed to abolish. :pop

Perfect world is possible if everyone thought the same way.

Not necessarily so. We would also need to cooperation of nature. Plus, the idea of what a perfect world consists of, is relative. Does it mean that we sit, like mushrooms, all day long and everything is given to us, or that the fruits of our labor come, without hindrance?

Back
Top Bottom