a small roo who's already got mature feather and learning how to crow

Epent12

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
jakarta, indonesia

I have a small roo, he's now learning how to crow and already got mature feathers, I called him oddy, I dunno what breed is this.. He's too small to be a bantam, I got him by mating a bantam and domestic chicken, but I dunno who's his parents, because my chicken do something like a swinger party, they just mate wildly lol XD

there is no such thing as "too small" to be a bantam. Many bantam breeds weigh under a pound.

Are you wanting to know what breed he is or just wanted to post about him?

X2 there are some bantams that are very tiny and meant to be that small. My Japanese bantam hens are very small, roughly one pound.

Your rooster is very cute, how old is he?

Last edited:
X2 there are some bantams that are very tiny and meant to be that small. My Japanese bantam hens are very small,  roughly one pound.

Your rooster is very cute, how old is he?
well yea, but this is a roo, roos are not meant to be smaller than hen lol, I dunno maybe several months I dunno if he could grow larger, but he's tiny :)

well yea, but this is a roo, roos are not meant to be smaller than hen lol, I dunno maybe several months I dunno if he could grow larger, but he's tiny
smile.png
Of course I don't what breeds of chickens you have in Indonesia, but it looks like a mixed breed. And you never know how a mixed breed chicken is going to turn out. I don't know of any breed where the pullet/hen is bigger than a cockerel/rooster. If you are comparing him to a larger breed, of course he is going to be smaller than the hen of a larger breed. It is like comparing apples and oranges.

Of course I don't what breeds of chickens you have in Indonesia, but it looks like a mixed breed. And you never know how a mixed breed chicken is going to turn out. I don't know of any breed where the pullet/hen is bigger than a cockerel/rooster. If you are comparing him to a larger breed, of course he is going to be smaller than the hen of a larger breed. It is like comparing apples and oranges.

Absolutely common sense.

Isn't Indonesia where Serama come from?

From the comb, he looks pretty much full grown to me. Might fill out a little more, but I think pretty much what you see is what you get.

I think that we have missed the obvious. All that is except for Rachel. Most likely a Serama or Serama cross.

Of course I don't what breeds of chickens you have in Indonesia, but it looks like a mixed breed. And you never know how a mixed breed chicken is going to turn out. I don't know of any breed where the pullet/hen is bigger than a cockerel/rooster. If you are comparing him to a larger breed, of course he is going to be smaller than the hen of a larger breed. It is like comparing apples and oranges. 
you got a point, but his sisters are as big as him, and he got one brother that's taller than him

Back
Top Bottom