A wonderful dog found ME. (with pics!)

Well, I had a bird show yesterday so was gone Friday afternoon and all day yesterday. so I am not sure how the training has been coming along. I did put up a flyer at the po in town here and the bar next door to the PO, and one guy saw the dog in town (only a few blocks away) and he said "chasing" a red car. Well, he WILL follow a car, he does it to everyone, he just loves people, so I need to fix the dog yard today to keep him IN. He can fit through the spaces between the slats.

When I was checking in Friday night at the show, hubby forgot to put my water int he car for the birds, so I called him. We had had all three dogs int he house when I left as it was pouring buckets out there. Anyway, I told him I only wanted to find the dog his owner, as I do not want him going anywhere else, I WANT TO KEEP him. I must have told him this about 10 times during the conversation, that the dog was everything we wanted, a small dog, short hair, good temperment, likes our dogs, not a complete puppy and a mutt. I also threw in the fact that he is not much bigger than the old grey cat we had that died last year. Just that he is a boy. I said dont you dare take him to the Humane Society as they will end up putting him to sleep and I WILL CALL THEM and check to see if you did. He eventually laughed at my persistance, and said OK. I hope it was a real OK and not just humoring me.

Now I have not seen him lift his leg int he house yet but we will see.

Anywho, I won him a set of dog bowls at the poultry raffle LOL and some canned dog food.

How long should I wait for responses or wait to find the owner? If I keep him, I want to get him fixed ASAP. And, I need a name he likes. We tried LOTS out on him, I like Guido, that was so cute, we tried Taz, Spike, Goliath, Teddy, Tralfaz (LMAO) among others.

If you post flyers say in any main business or store that has a 'help wanted - lost/found' board within a few miles of your home, and a few on the street, I would say give it 2 weeks from when you first posted the first flyer. Call the humane society and shelter (if different) and ask if anyone has reported a dog fitting his description missing...I believe 2 weeks is ample time for someone who seriously wants their dog back to look for and find flyers and contact humane society. I would go ahead and call vet and make an appointment for 2 weeks from now just to have it set up.

Congrats on winning him the dog bowls at the raffle! I like the names Taz and Guido!

well, I think that the new one is growing on hubby, its kinda hard to NOT let him grow on you. The other dog would never be an inside dog ever, because our small house cannot handle 3 good size dogs. My husband is just trying to get near him so he will be friendly, and the dog would be staying outside to keep coyotes away for the most part. Hubby does not care either way about keeping or not keeping animals. He is always content with what he has.

I just think the whole thing is fate and what happens happens for a reason. I was told by a neighbor that the little one was outside all day with my husband working around the yard. If I am meant to keep him, then I will. Also it has been around longer than we thought, as another neighbor has been chasing it off his property for a bit over a week now.

Quote:
Cute little dog, looks like part Cairn Terrier to me. My basset is not fixed and doesn't mark inside. A lot it depends on the temperament of the dog. A more dominate dog is more likely to mark inside then a less dominate dog.

well thats good news for me then. My Corgi is the most dominate dog in the house, and female. The little guy just wants to be with and please people.

I am just leaning toward a generic name right now like Buddy.
big_smile.png

Well, the dog found his home. A family just came and picked him up a few minutes ago. Apparently his name is Shorty, and is one of 8 dogs a few miles away. The lady thinks that someone picked it up and dropped it off down this way as he never leaves the property without his brother.

Sigh, it was not meant to be I guess. But, at least he is where he belongs.

Also just talked to hubby and he is going to try to catch the other dog as there is a lady who wants him, as someone stole hers that looks just like him. She came by to see if it was him, and it wasn't but she would take this one off our hands if she can get him. Too much of a coincidence with the story on the other dog though, so who knows maybe it is hers and its just terrified right now.

Back
Top Bottom