Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg!!!!

Quote:
Shoot the dog, take its stinking carcass along with the dead chickens to the neighbors front door and demand payment for your dead chickens. Just because you destroyed their chicken killing dog does not mean you are not due fair compensation for you loss!!
AND charge them for the bullet to boot!!
If you cannot legally discharge a firearm get a bow!

Stray cats always get one chance with me, second time I drive them far far away

Please rethink that policy. We have freeranging chickens at our barn, during the summer they often brood their chicks in our horse stalls. The last time someone dropped a 'stray cat' off near my property it ate 30 newborn chicks (and the heads off the mother hens) inside of a week ~~ BEFORE I could catch it and take it to the local animal shelter. That was the worst one, mostly they move into our barn and then I have to trap them AGAIN to get them out of here. We don't do outdoor cats since our property is divided by a road and they inevitably/eventually get run over ... (I'm not investing in spay/neuter just to make road pancakes).​

Remember. Defending your self, Child, persons, with a gun is always admissable in court. you can prove that you did everything in your power to lock gates, put up fenses, made phone calls. but if the dog gets agressive... SHOOT IT.. the words you speak will either make your case or send you to jail. I FEARED FOR THE LIFE OF MY CHILD.
no i tryed to scare him aaway... bla bla bla... YOU FEARED FOR THE LIFE OF YOUR CHILD OR YOURT OWN PERSONS.... jury dont give a rip about your birds, barnyartd aniomals.
You feard for your LIFE.. and you shot him.

CALL THEPOLICe.. most farms have guns... in cases you have to put down an injurd animal , or one in sick health that is suffering.

I shot a neighbors PIT BULL as it was charging me... in the city... dropped it dead.. Sheriff askedme if it was agressive and i said YES. it charged me and my daughter.
nothing else said... dead dog... neighbor hood cleaned up.

Contact the police first tell them your problme.. that you FEAR FOR YOUR CHILD~~~!!!!

Call me if you have any questions
Jack Kimmich
831-320-8707

Like I said I know I couldnt shoot the dog
sad.png
He is just being a dog after all. I am gonna have DH go over there in a little while with the pics and an invoice. They had better keep the dog in the house or on leash from now on or hes gonna be bright pink. The AC called me last night and she is going over there today at some point to deal with the situation.She said the owners have already been fined once and plenty of warnings. So I hope more serious actions will be taken this time and he wont be a problem from now on.

As responcable animal owners of chickens, cats, dogs, sheep, cows, ect... It is our job as human guardians to care for them and protect them. Bottom line is, we have to take care of our animals and make sure they are safe and secure. Thay way when other animals that are not cared for as properly and aloud to roam free get into trouble your animals are safe. Chickens are prey animals........... they need to be protected by us. Electric wire would help your situation tramendously......... and so would a Great Pyranese.
I truely hope AC helps you out finally...... It is BS that the great dane is allowed to run free. It is not just unsafe for your chickens but for the dog, people driving cars and so on. And it is certainly NOT unreasonable for you to expect compensation for chickens, time raising, feed and what not.
The dog here, is also a victum......... of belonging to the wrong people. I highly doubt they care if you shot the dog or not. They will just go get another dog and it will do what it does to. All killing the dog does, is make the human feel better for a time. It doesn't bring the chickens back.
Again..... I hope animal control finally comes through for you.

Quote:
Excellent
I too would not kill the dog. I know you are within your legal rights to do so but it is a personal choice. I dont' want to live with killing one either. My yard is very protected with fencing and my own dogs, and the coop is overbuilt to be as safe as possible. If I ever need it against predators, I will put up electric fence as well.
Love the Pink Face comment - I hope you are not telling the dog owners you would not shoot with more than paintballs next time. Keeping my fingers crossed that AC will help. He is being recorded as a problem dog (really it is problem owners). Wish they would fine them.
Don't under charge for the loss of your birds.

Hey here is another possibility, some communites , neighborhoods, housing developments, have a kennel license requirement, if the neighbors have a liter of puppies, there might be some sort of kennel permit required, if not I hope that AC will check on the conditions that they are living in as sometimes dogs are hungry when they go after other animals. especially a Mama feeding 8 pups, regular daily diet for a great dane is 12 cups to 16 cups of food 2 to 3 feedings a day. that is a huge expense and in NH fresh water and not frozen is a requirement for animals , the AC can remove them on the spot without water. Good Luck!

Quote:
.22 isn't enough fire power to reliably take a dog down. You might be close enough or lucky enough to make a clean kill, but your more likely to have a wounded animal go off to die a slow death, or possibly cause harm to a person in it's injured state. Anything that would work for a deer gun should be enough to take down a dog.

A 22 cal or anything that is a deer rifle round is very dangerous to shoot in any neighborhood. A shotgun is not nearly as dangerous to use if it comes to that. There are 22 cal rounds that I have seen that have only birdshot instead of a slug, but are only for small preds.

Back
Top Bottom